Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I've this pool since new, about 10 years but I'm still learning. I have at least 3 issues noted below.

Over the years, the walls have gotten significantly stained white. I have no idea next steps with this. It's not bad looking when full (until some evaporation occurs). I can actually feel that the surface is pitted. What can I do?

Also just under the coping you'll see dark stains, again very ugly.

Lastly is that there is one very tiny copper color spot, if memory serves, this is also pitted.

I only ever use bleach to slam which is done rarely.

The trees in the neighborhood are getting larger and I seem to be down wind of maple, oak and some huge flowering tree. My filters were changed last year, if any of this helps. My IC20 is dying / dead I think and I'm using liquid chlorine till I resolve that issue. My salt is still about 2600 so I assume I should bring that up before ruling out the cell.

The pool store says I have no iron but .3 - .5 ppm copper depending on the one I go to. Phosphates were last about 15.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 20230606_100920.jpg
    20230606_100920.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230606_100901.jpg
    20230606_100901.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230513_202207.jpg
    20230513_202207.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 6
The white chalkiness may be outside of your control. It has been for me as you can read in my experience below. The darker stains could be either tannin stains (if on the floor) from tree debris or possibly iron. I would try rubbing the dark stains with a Vitamin C tablet to see if that works (iron). If not, perhaps rubbing with a chlorine tablet or sprinkling a little cal-hypo on it to see if it's organic.

The dark stains are just below the coping, I'll try your suggestions though.

I didn't realize that was a gel coat on the fiberglass. I've learned to hate gel coat in my experience with an 80's fishing boat because I just can't ignore it so I spend a lot of time waxing. Some people cover their gel coat on their boats with clear coat but that's another conversation.

Thanks

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.