Stabilizing PH

tc,

If anything you should reduce your TA to help stabilize any pH increase.. As long at your TA does not go below 50, you are good to go..

How do you chlorinate your pool water???

You do realize that one thing that causes pH to increase is aeration.. So the more you run your fountains and bubblers, the higher your pH will try to go.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I agree.^^ If your pH is rising too fast, you could lower the TA just a little more (60-70) following the TFP Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity page. Keep fountain and bubbler use to a minimum, and if your plaster is new the curing plaster will increase pH as well.

Just keep adjusting pH to 7.2 when it gets to 7.8 and eventually you should hit the sweet spot where it will hold for a week, give or take. Unless, like me, every time you add water you have to add acid.

This may be contributing to pH rise as well:
Hayward Tristar 2hp pump for 3 fountains & 2 bubblers
Unless people are in the pool and want to enjoy them, run them only enough to keep the water in the lines from getting stagnant. I actually capped my spa air intake with an old spray can lid to reduce the aeration. It's easy enough to pull it off if I want aeration.

Tested again this AM below are my finding
FC-6.2
PH-7.7
TA-70
CH-270
CYA-50

I added enough MA yesterday to get my PH down to 7.4, and now my PH is 7.7, did not run the fountains at anytime. I use chlorine, and do not run the fountains very much did not run them at all and now my ph is 7.7. I do know that aeration does increase PH.
Pool is new. Filled the pool October 25-26th, 2017.
How long does it take for the plaster to cure?

How long does it take for the plaster to cure?
That could take several months. From the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page:
No matter what start-up procedure is used, your pool will consume a lot of acid during the first 6-12 months as the plaster finish continues to cure. It is important to test your pH daily and do not let it climb above 7.8. Be sure to continue to brush the pool at least weekly during this period.

Reactions: diananr
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.