Spring Texas, Construction Progress

Allow him to do what he wants to do BUT brush and do NOT use the cleaner. You can use a manual vacuum if you need to get something out. If you have not seen one or do not know what I am talking about just let me know and I can get you up to speed on it.

That test kit is missing some major testers. Go ahead and order your TF-100. It IS better than the "guess" strips one PB gave a new PO :( She had to order a test kit also.

Kim:cat:

Oh boy! They got done so fast! You are gonna be so happy. Your pool looks great :)

BTW, your blue surf looks just like mine did when it was new. I love mine.

Thank you Mark! We are loving it so much! Couldn't be happier! Of course there are a couple things l'd do differently. This process went so fast, I didn't have time to think through some changes. From dig day to first swim was 3 weeks 2 days. I wish I'd added the bubblers on the sun shelf and added some rock accents around the pool so that the Moss rock wasn't all concentrated together.

- - - Updated - - -

Allow him to do what he wants to do BUT brush and do NOT use the cleaner. You can use a manual vacuum if you need to get something out. If you have not seen one or do not know what I am talking about just let me know and I can get you up to speed on it.

That test kit is missing some major testers. Go ahead and order your TF-100. It IS better than the "guess" strips one PB gave a new PO :( She had to order a test kit also.

Thanks Kim! I am going to go ahead and order the TF-100. I have been brushing the pool regardless! I am scheduled for pool school this week!

Thank you for this insight and advice. I have saved it for immediate reference as I get started. I also found my test kit along with my start up supplies. It's a Pentair test kit. Any opinions on this?

- - - Updated - - -

My girls got in the pool yesterday! Still way too cold for me. Haven't checked the chemicals myself yet...

Get a Taylor K2006. Great kit, everything you need. Nice upright storage box. Testing booklet and index wheel are awesome.

Hi SD, how's that pool coming? How was pool school? Did you get your TF-100 yet?

Hello Mark!

We absolutely love our pool. Thanks for asking. The only challenge has been the rain. We've been fortunate to get in a few times and we able to have friends over on Memorial Day. I was just pool school'd yesterday. Basically my guidance is to keep the skimmers and pump filter basket clear of debris, check the filter pressure and check my water for chlorine levels and pH on a weekly basis. He's got my VS speed pump running at 900 RPM for 12 hours a day and it boosts to 1800 while the polaris runs (2 hours in the morning). I am planning to order my TF-100 this week and get myself on board with the Trouble Free Method. My PB did give me chemicals to last 3 months, so I should be good to get started. This rain has made keeping the water balanced difficult. This morning it looks pretty cloudy!

Sunny do you mind sharing what your PB gave you for chemicals? I am curious what they say to use and how much TFP way could save you in the future.

Hello Kim, These are the supplies I was provided. I'd love to learn how much I'd save.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a Taylor K2006. Great kit, everything you need. Nice upright storage box. Testing booklet and index wheel are awesome.

Hello, I am looking at both test kits the TF100 and the Taylor K2006. Any clear reason why one is better that the other?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test kits-the TF-100 is the best bang for the buck. It has more of the regents we use on a daily bases. It uses all Taylor regents but packaged in different sizes.

PB chemicals-http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/139-recommended-pool-chemicals I see he gave you MA. That is good and the cheapest way to lower PH which you will have to do with new plaster.

The stabilizer will be needed. We call it CYA. It is your pool's Free Chlorine (FC) "sunscreen".

The other stuff will no really be needed since you are using TFP. The pucks add FC AND CYA. Too much CYA will cause your problems with algae because the more CYA you have the more FC you will need. Keep the pucks for weekend get aways and such.

The shock is the same idea-it adds FC and CYA and will never been needed with TFP.

So two things you will not have to buy and will not be buying in the future if you maintain your pool using TFP guidelines.

Have I given you the links I give new pool owners? Too lazy to look back over your thread LOL

Sunny, when I was beginning to catch up on build threads, I saw yours and thought, "I've got plenty of time to get back to this one." Boy, was I wrong! Three weeks??????!!!!!!!! That's super fast! There are several other builds in the Houston area that have really been speedy.

Your pool is beautiful! The rock waterfall is terrific. We need more pictures and especially one of the spa spillway flowing into the pool. I know your family is going to have a blast this summer!!!

I'm impressed with how well you're jumping into the water testing. You're asking all the right questions. With the best group helping you, you're going to do a great job!!!
Congratulations!

Sunny, when I was beginning to catch up on build threads, I saw yours and thought, "I've got plenty of time to get back to this one." Boy, was I wrong! Three weeks??????!!!!!!!! That's super fast! There are several other builds in the Houston area that have really been speedy.

Your pool is beautiful! The rock waterfall is terrific. We need more pictures and especially one of the spa spillway flowing into the pool. I know your family is going to have a blast this summer!!!

I'm impressed with how well you're jumping into the water testing. You're asking all the right questions. With the best group helping you, you're going to do a great job!!!
Congratulations!

Thank you Suz! We don't have a spa...just a simple pool. We are certainly enjoying it. My daughters had friends over to celebrate the last day of school this weekend. It was tons of fun, even in the rain. The pool was way too cold for me. Teenagers are different though.

Howdy, I have been busy working to get may yard put back together and landscaped after the pool was completed. Here are some updated pics with the landscaping. I had the flower bed put in behind the pool, the irrigation system repaired/rerouted and the sod redone. We put in a few palms. I am going for a tropical look and testing out plants little by little. Some of what I put in is supposed to do better in shade and this part of my yard is definitely full sun. We'll see how things go over the summer, I envision the variegated ginger and the philodendron getting pretty big to create more of a lush landscape. It's been really fun having a pool, we've went a little nuts buying floats and pool toys--I think I need a second deck box.

View from under the covered patio

Flowerbed and plants

Some other perspectives

I am so grateful from the help I've received from reading your comments and other threads on this site! I purchased a Taylor-2006 kit and a SpeedStir. I've been getting by, using my current Pentair test kit. My chlorine has been consistently low. I just turned my chlorinator up. I am wondering if I should run my pump more often. Right now it runs 12 hours a day at 940RPM from 7:00PM-7:00AM, and runs an additional 2 hours from 8:00-10:00 AM at 1800 when the Polaris is running. After I get a bit more familiar with testing and understanding my own water chemistry, I plan to switch to bleach.

Looks awesome Sunny! This heat we're having should get your water to a comfortable temperature quick. We feel like we're melting over here in Cypress waiting for our pool to be done. Congratulations!! Love the landscaping too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.