Spring Texas, Construction Progress

Looks awesome Sunny! This heat we're having should get your water to a comfortable temperature quick. We feel like we're melting over here in Cypress waiting for our pool to be done. Congratulations!! Love the landscaping too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is burning up! The pool is already quite warm. A pool temperature gauge is on my shopping list!

Howdy, I have been busy working to get may yard put back together and landscaped after the pool was completed. Here are some updated pics with the landscaping. I had the flower bed put in behind the pool, the irrigation system repaired/rerouted and the sod redone. We put in a few palms. I am going for a tropical look and testing out plants little by little. Some of what I put in is supposed to do better in shade and this part of my yard is definitely full sun. We'll see how things go over the summer, I envision the variegated ginger and the philodendron getting pretty big to create more of a lush landscape. It's been really fun having a pool, we've went a little nuts buying floats and pool toys--I think I need a second deck box.

View from under the covered patio

Flowerbed and plants

Some other perspectives

I am so grateful from the help I've received from reading your comments and other threads on this site! I purchased a Taylor-2006 kit and a SpeedStir. I've been getting by, using my current Pentair test kit. My chlorine has been consistently low. I just turned my chlorinator up. I am wondering if I should run my pump more often. Right now it runs 12 hours a day at 940RPM from 7:00PM-7:00AM, and runs an additional 2 hours from 8:00-10:00 AM at 1800 when the Polaris is running. After I get a bit more familiar with testing and understanding my own water chemistry, I plan to switch to bleach.

Hey, I'm from spring Texas also. The reason you chlorine is so low is most likely due to the low rpms and your chlorinator. Open up the chlorinator while your pool is running and set the chlorinator valve to 5.

Does your chlorinator fill up to the top with water and over flow? If not then you don't have enough water flow (cause of low rpms or you need a filter clean) and that would cause your chlorinator to not be delivering the chlorine to your pool.

For a variable speed with a cartridge filter and a chlorinator. I would set up your vst-3050 (your variable speed pump) to 1750 rpms 7am to 9pm and for your cleaner 2350 rpms 7am to 11am. That way you have a high speed in the morning to deliver more chlorine for the hot Texas summer and help your cleaner work better. And the rest of the day an easy 1750 rpm for good flow with low wattage most likely around 330 watts.

Ps in Houston Texas with all the rain we get and how much the water evaporates cya getting to high cause of chlorine pucks won't be a problem for you. Never had that problem with my pool here.

Hey, I'm from spring Texas also. The reason you chlorine is so low is most likely due to the low rpms and your chlorinator. Open up the chlorinator while your pool is running and set the chlorinator valve to 5.

Does your chlorinator fill up to the top with water and over flow? If not then you don't have enough water flow (cause of low rpms or you need a filter clean) and that would cause your chlorinator to not be delivering the chlorine to your pool.

For a variable speed with a cartridge filter and a chlorinator. I would set up your vst-3050 (your variable speed pump) to 1750 rpms 7am to 9pm and for your cleaner 2350 rpms 7am to 11am. That way you have a high speed in the morning to deliver more chlorine for the hot Texas summer and help your cleaner work better. And the rest of the day an easy 1750 rpm for good flow with low wattage most likely around 330 watts.

Ps in Houston Texas with all the rain we get and how much the water evaporates cya getting to high cause of chlorine pucks won't be a problem for you. Never had that problem with my pool here.

Thanks REDBLUE, its so reassuring to see you post this. I finally figured out that the cycle my pool builder put the pool on was not sufficient to properly chlorinate my pool. Prior to reading your post I changed the schedule to run 1600 RPMs from 8:00AM-2:00PM each morning and 1600 RPMs from 8:00PM-2:00AM in the evening. My chlorine levels are way better now. Based on reading your comment, I'll go ahead and adjust the RRMs up while the cleaner is on. I was thinking breaking run time apart would be helpful, especially as I'll generally add any supplementary chemicals at night. Is there a big advantage to running the pool only during the day?

Also my alkalinity was low and I dumped in several pounds of baking soda. Those numbers are back on track now too! This has certainly been a learning experience!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.