Spa losing water overnight

Attached spa water level has been dropping to pool level overnight. Replaced check valve thinking it was the culprit but level still dropped as before.
What’s next?
I would recommend posting a pic of your spa and also the equipment pad so viewers can see what you have there. I might help put everything into perspective.
Here ya go:
FFEE0074-F102-4637-A826-DB7B4E5C26A9.jpeg826635B0-56D7-4695-BCE6-DAFE523E6A0C.jpeg

I'd like @Jimrahbe to see this thread. Pad looks fairly straight-forward and if the valve is operating properly (brand new) it should be working as long as it was installed in the correct direction. Hopefully it's not an issue at the spa drain itself. About how much water drop are you seeing?

I'd like @Jimrahbe to see this thread. Pad looks fairly straight-forward and if the valve is operating properly (brand new) it should be working as long as it was installed in the correct direction. Hopefully it's not an issue at the spa drain itself. About how much water drop are you seeing?
New check valve was put back just like the old one and o ring coated with Magic Lube. When pump turns off at 4 pm water level is just below spillway on spa and down to pool level in the morning.

Only places it can occur is the return or suction side valves. Get repair kits for those valves and pull them apart. Can also get an expandable plug and remove the check valve and plug off that spa make up line.

You can also replace the check valve with a two way valve and use your automation to run the Spillover function a couple times a day to keep the spa chlorinated.

B,

You can often tell where the leak is by how far down a raised spa drains... Unfortunately, in your case, the spa is not raised very much so that idea won't work.

The check valve you replaced fixes "most" of these issues, but when the check valve does not fix it, the next step is just what Marty suggests. Rebuild the Intake and Return valves.

There are really only three things to leak. The check valve, the Intake or return valve, or the spa body itself.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.