Spa delivered

U got it! Enjoy!
Test & replenish fc before & after each use to get a feel for things since the bather load is more extreme in a spa vs a pool. The ups & downs can take a little getting used to. A swg really helps with standby chlorination.
Here’s the guide for quick reference 👇

Reactions: JoeSelf and Newdude
It has ozone and uv so I'll have to get used to what happens. At least they gave me some diclor to start with. MPS and ph up?? Along with some calcium increaser. Might need the calcium as I'm on city and it's not high.

You may have already seen this link, but just in case .........

U got it! Enjoy!
Test & replenish fc before & after each use to get a feel for things since the bather load is more extreme in a spa vs a pool. The ups & downs can take a little getting used to. A swg really helps with standby chlorination.
Here’s the guide for quick reference 👇
Yeah I've read that like 3 times. Since February and lurking in tubs and spa longer.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Mps just screws up cc’s readings so I have never used it. Chlorine is all the oxidizer I have ever needed.
Ph up is probably glorified soda ash/washing soda (sodium carbonate)
Probably will never be necessary as the aeration in a spa raises ph quite quickly with any ta above 60 or so.

Be mindful of the effects dichlor has on ph before dosing with acid.
Double check with “effects of adding” in PoolMath for each dose.
I try to use that to my advantage as I work on lowering my ta upon fresh fill.
You may find that the uv & ozone are helpful at first when u use the tub alot because it is new (helping to oxidize higher bather waste loads ) but it may work against u some when the tub goes unused & it oxidizes your fc. So keep an eye out. I know I use my tub less in the dog days of summer. Some tubs have the ability to easily turn those off & some don’t.

Reactions: JoeSelf
OK feeling like a noob. 1 tsp = 0.5 oz?

Had to google that. Need to get used to such small amounts.

FC - 6.5 after adding a little high
PH - 7.6 after taking down from 8.2
TA - 130 going to have to work on this.
CH - 50 added enough to get me over 100 will check again tonight
CYA - 7-8 best guess on diclor additions
CSI - -0.41 in range?
Temp - 95

Never tested my fill. Mistake. Going to have to write up a procedure what to do after refill.

Haven't added Aqua Clarity yet.

Purge released some GOO! Ahh!some is the bomb.

OK feeling like a noob. 1 tsp = 0.5 oz?
*tablespoon. tbsp. :)

2 tbsps is a proper shot glass, not one of the tall ones. You can buy a 100 pack of plastic ones for cheap and they are probably easier to use and guess the in between amounts with. Reuse them until they crack and you have 87 left.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use a little adjustable measuring spoon for dichlor & ma
& a plastic measuring cup for bleach or other stuff.
I have to google the conversion every time!
Bookmark it
Lowing ta in the hot tub is a much faster process than in a pool.
I normally spread it out over a few days & use the acidity of the dichlor to my favor.

It has ozone and uv so I'll have to get used to what happens. At least they gave me some diclor to start with. MPS and ph up?? Along with some calcium increaser. Might need the calcium as I'm on city and it's not high.

Dichlor - good for a start up to get your CYA up to level. Then switch to bleach.
MPS - no need for it, and it causes rashes in some people. I still have the full canister they gave me when I got my tub.
pH up - You will likely need pH DOWN - i.e. Muriatic Acid. Spa pH tends to drift up, especially at first before you get your TA dialed in.
CH - It is not that critical. However, if you us Aqua Clarity (which I think works great) it will foam if your CH is too low. When I first started using it, I would get a lot of foam. Bumping my CH up to about 200 solved that issue.

I haven’t noticed foaming w/aqua clarity except for the 1st 5 min after dosing - my ch is 50
I carefully use 1oz or a smidge less for 200 gal.

I haven’t noticed foaming w/aqua clarity except for the 1st 5 min after dosing - my ch is 50
I carefully use 1oz or a smidge less for 200 gal.

I was getting foaming that lasted about 48 hours after I added the AC. It was only with the jets on high, and it dissipated as soon as I turned them off. But if I left them on, it was enough to spill over the sides.

I talked about it on here with the @Ahhsomeguy and he suggested using less, and raising the CH. I had been using 2 oz in 350 gallons, but now I use 1.5 Oz. I also raised the CH. If I was really trying to determine the root cause, I would not have done both at the same time. But the result is no foaming (and I'm using less AC to boot)

I think it’s a good sign! We’re either less dirty than average or have generally less biofilms for the aq to work on - have I mentioned this bottle is gonna last like forevvah??

• Haha
We have put the Aqua Clarity product in hot tubs with numerous water maintenance issues. They usually totally disappear if you simply use an effective sanitizer, chlorine or bromine, and the correct amount of Aqua Clarity. That is all you need. You don’t need to spend money on anything else in regards to the maintenance of hot tub or swim spa water. No enzymes, no mineral sticks or other costly chemicals. The Aqua Clarity will also help mitigate biofilms from attaching and colonizing. You won’t need to purge and drain the hot tub water nearly as often. You DO need to drain the water periodically to reduce TDS and CYA levels, but not nearly as much as you may be doing now. It performs many functions. It saves you money. It Works! All these people who, who are talking about the benefits are trying to assist you. Total annual chemical costs for a typical 400 gallon hot tub for under $150.00. This includes the chlorine, Aqua Clarity. PH adjusters and TA control.

Last edited:
So I raised CH last night & added the AquaClarity. No foaming, added a tad under 2 ozs. Picked up a gallon of LC at Ace Hardware.

Realized I left my FC drop test and the K-1000 out over night. I keep them in a separate sealed container. It rained in the morning and then was mostly cloudy. The reagents were not hot and still looked good. I have an XL Option on the way. Do you think I should replace the rest of the reagents left out?

They are probably fine.
If the dpd gets wet it will get clumpy & turn black/purple- u will know.
The real killer for reagents is heat & sunlight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.