Spa Blower Question

DavidU

Feb 27, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Hi. I am a new pool/spa owner and new to TPT. We have a new pool/spa just built and I want to add a spa blower motor to get more bubbles and better venturi jet action. I am thinking about getting the 2HP Silencer blower. I have room in my electrical panel for either 120v or 240v but have few questions.
1. Does the blower require a dedicate circuit in my Pentair EasyTouch4 panel?
2. Is there any reason to go with 120v or 240v for the blower?

Thanks,
DavidU

Reactions: CoachAlex
Welcome to TFP.

1. Does the blower require a dedicate circuit in my Pentair EasyTouch4 panel?

The blower requires an available AUX relay to control it.

2. Is there any reason to go with 120v or 240v for the blower?
Doesn’t matter. It depends on the circuit you are powering it from.

David, this is just my experience, i don't know whether others experience the same. When i fire up the jets on my spa, i don't get a lot of bubbles. I then turn on the blower, and then i get a LOT of bubbles - almost too much, so then i turn the blower off. Which then results in a "just right" amount of bubbles and aeration, at least for our preference.... I think momentarily turning on the blower clears the air line of water, permitting the venturies to operate correctly.

Steve

I finally got the blower installed and wired to my EasyTouch4 panel. I wired it to an available relay which is connected to Aux2 on the EasyTouch panel and it works!! The only problem is that the pool startup guy seems to have used the "logical" Aux2 and button to turn on the spa spillway function. Spillway is just turning up the pump speed a little and turning a valve actuator so not actually using the relay. I tried moving the small connector on the EasyTouch over to the Aux5 button but it's not working. Any tips on how I can assign a dedicated button to just turn on the relay and blower?
I'll read through the manual again in the meantime, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Its a 4. Don't think I need to make it an 8.. just need to assign the blower function to a button.
Maybe I need to move the spillway off Aux2 to a different Aux so I can use the Aux2 realy for the blower.
Just need to figure out how to do that.

Its a 4. Don't think I need to make it an 8.. just need to assign the blower function to a button.
Maybe I need to move the spillway off Aux2 to a different Aux so I can use the Aux2 realy for the blower.
Just need to figure out how to do that.
What is on AUX1 and AUX3?

With a 4 you only get the three AUX buttons.

@Jimrahbe @mknauss may have ideas.

David,

You just need to use a Feature Circuit to control your spillway.

An Aux Circuit and a Feature Circuit are the same except that the Aux circuit has a relay and a button. Feature Circuits do not have a relay and are turned by a remote, ScreenLogic, or a scheudle. You can also turn them on using the Menu on the main panel.

Feature circuits are great for changing pump speeds and to move valves.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
David, this is just my experience, i don't know whether others experience the same. When i fire up the jets on my spa, i don't get a lot of bubbles. I then turn on the blower, and then i get a LOT of bubbles - almost too much, so then i turn the blower off. Which then results in a "just right" amount of bubbles and aeration, at least for our preference.... I think momentarily turning on the blower clears the air line of water, permitting the venturies to operate correctly.

Steve
Add a valve and close it to just enough to get the amount of bubbles you need. Thats what worked for me

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.