unbrokenlink

Jul 13, 2022
Boca Raton, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have tried to search for this, but have not been able to find a post on suggestions for the speeds and run times in the hot hot hot sunny south florida summers. I have Jandy VSP and no SWG, I am not sure how long is best and at what speeds with this killer sun and heat. I am currently running about 8hrs day at 2000 rpm with 3 hours in the middle of the day at 2300. Before this change it was all 8 hours at 2400 or so and my electric bill was through the roof! The water is starting to cloud some, so not sure if its enough speed/time? Thoughts from any locals? TYIA

Your pump usage requirement is minimal since you do not have a swg. The only thing you need to run your pump for is to filter the water, circulate the chemicals and skim the surface. Some can get away with four hours a day at just enough speed to provide proper skimming. Some experimentation will be required to the best times and speeds. As to the cloudiness issue it could be a chemical balance issue. Please post your most recent chemical levels for advice. Also for your reference:

Un,

Green or cloudy water is not a pump or filter issue, it is a chemical issue..

If you always keep your FC and your CYA in the proper relationship, you won't have that problem.

I suspect that your are not keeping your FC near high enough..

See this chart. FC/CYA Levels

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Hootz
Howdy neighbor. Sounds like you have algae. Proper chlorine levels are needed to kill it, and then the dead algae can be filtered out by the filter. If you are willing to buy a good test kit (
Test Kits Compared) and put in a little bit of effort (SLAM Process) , the experts here will make your algae a thing of the past for good. Then you can run your pump minimally (until you come to the conclusion you want a SWG, and then you can run it at +/-1,200 RPM 24/7 and spend $25/month on electricity ;)).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.