Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi all!

I’ve been reading searched posts for threads on solar skimmers…but I am specifically wondering if anyone uses them who have a lot of dog hair in their pool? I adore Fred, our Dolphin robot. But the dog hair on the surface of the pool is a problem for some family members. (Quick backstory, I own a doggie daycare and boarding business in my home and have a LOT of dogs in my pool). I do net out what I can, but I’m thinking maaaaaybe a skimmer might be a valuable option. BUT, wondering if hair gets stuck anywhere. I know how quickly it wraps and tangles in the regular robot.

It seems like longevity is the biggest issue. I can handle that…IF it does a good job of dog hair :D

Thanks for any thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 5
Use hairnets on your skimmer basket. Dog hair will be trapped in the hairnet and not get to the filter.

There are numerous threads on the forum for solar powered surface skimmers.
Here is one

I do hope that you maintain your FC very high for your pool. Dogs carry a lot of bacteria and fecal matter which ends up in the pool. It can be very unsanitary which is why government health committees write laws to ban dogs (and other animals) from public pools. What you do with a private pool is fine - just be aware of the health risks.
Additionally, pet hair can clog a pool filter very easily which may one of the other reasons you want an additional skimmer.

There are numerous threads on the forum for solar powered surface skimmers.
Here is one

I do hope that you maintain your FC very high for your pool. Dogs carry a lot of bacteria and fecal matter which ends up in the pool. It can be very unsanitary which is why government health committees write laws to ban dogs (and other animals) from public pools. What you do with a private pool is fine - just be aware of the health risks.
Additionally, pet hair can clog a pool filter very easily which may one of the other reasons you want an additional skimmer.
I’ve browsed searched threads, but looking specifically for those who have used it with dog hair. Luckily, I don’t have a ton of other debris - I wouldn’t even consider one if I didn’t have the dogs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.