Solar Installation

How would you join this split, I was going to take the top of first set to bottom of of second set?
d1bfed3c3b69d40ee1e4c8bdf90abddf.jpg
9e50726115237573fd96bfb7a3925c2d.jpg

I can not exactly tell how the 2 panels are sitting in relation to each other.

You want to run the panel banks in parallel. That means you want to feed both from the cold supply at the bottom and then join the outlets at the top and then return to the pool.

Maybe you can add a drawing showing the layout similar to what I posted.

So they just go straight over a ridge?
With the headers going up and down in the picture and the little tubes going left-right?
Is the vertical line in the middle the highest point ridge? Looks like you drew to supply the left panel at the top?

From what I understand of the drawing, that does not look like a good plan ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait but the pictures seem to show that the panels are 90 degrees to each other ... not like the drawing :scratch:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the corner wasnt there it would be straight. I have the first banks running now, I want to add the bank in the second photo. The first photo those are running now, I want to cross over the ridge to add the second bank, second photo.

The headers are top & bottom, small tubes go up & down.

Well, you basically have the same layout as the drawing I posted, except you go over a ridge and mine are through a valley.

Ideally you would want the plumbing similar to my drawing where the panels are both fed at the bottom from the pool and the the solar returns are combined out of the tops of the panel. You want to look at the path the water can take and have it be very similar though each panel to balance the heating.

Feeding the 2nd bank with the heated water from the 1st bank is not going to be nearly as efficient.

I only put one at the bottom of one of mine, as in the drawing. But there may be different considerations for having to go over the ridge ... like you might want it at the bottom of the panel back that is far from the pipes to the pool so that siphon is more likely to pull the water over the ridge and back to the pool.

But make sure you add a low point drain valve to ensure they are empty for the winter (or maybe you do not get cold enough to worry about it ;) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.