Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I often get asked about how well solar heat works for me. Today's a representative spring day for me with partly cloudy skies. We had 2 days of rainy thunderstorms and the pool temp dropped to 80. Pool pump starts at 10 am and goes to 8 pm most days. Here's the graph from roughly midnight of temps. Note the air temp spikes in the morning with a lot of surrounding reflected heat. Peak today was 88. So about 7 deg added from 10 am till 3 pm. Pretty typical for us by 5 pm it's usually 88 or 89. I'll add gas heat for a couple hours to make sure it's wife comfortable. Dec and Jan we get about 5 deg. During summer months it would add 10-12 deg but we have thermostat set to limit at 91 deg.

I hope this is useful.

Chris

1590000279415.png

What caused the air temperature spike to over 100F around 1pm?

I noticed that also. It happens every day. I think it's sunlight reflecting on the air temperature sensor. It's located close to the house kind of east so the sun hits it for an hour or so.

Good catch!

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.