So pool shops are like anti virus software, they make the viruses to keep you coming back.

When you post your results, you can help us to help you, by posting them just like this, vertically, in this order, with these exact labels (just copy and paste and replace these example numbers, including a placeholder if you skipped any tests):

FC: 4.5
CC: not tested
ph: 7.8
TA: 60
CH: 350
CYA: 50

Here's a good page to read to learn some "TFP etiquette," if you want to be one of the cool kids:
Mind reader. I didnt know if I should use this thread or there's another or... And how to post them all etc.

Reactions: Dirk
My update is, im still here. Prepping a spot near pool. Year 11 son also decided to change up to the mid-tier difficulty maths so i've been screaming 'you're never done studying for an exam, you can study infinitly".

Should be good Monday am (12-18 hours) when he's gone assuming i've not been rostered on for niece and nephew sitting.

Reactions: Newdude and Dirk
My update is, im still here. Prepping a spot near pool. Year 11 son also decided to change up to the mid-tier difficulty maths so i've been screaming 'you're never done studying for an exam, you can study infinitly".

Should be good Monday am (12-18 hours) when he's gone assuming i've not been rostered on for niece and nephew sitting.
Now what I heard was "There's two of us that can learn how to test the pool together."

If they can figure out a video game's levels, they can figure out FC and pH levels, too! I'm guessin' he and his mates are going to be swimming in that pool more than you. He can earn his pool time like he earns his screen time.

You are going to fit in around here!! LOVE your style! Keep asking questions and saying concerns. We have ALL been there!! We almost did not buy this house because it had a pool! We did and ended up loving having a pool!! AND I became a MOD of a pool care forum :roll: LOL

A tip I am going to give you is for the FC test. Once it goes clear call it. If you let it sit some pink might peek out. That does not count.

The *beloved* (note sarcasm) CYA test--------when you look in for the dot do NOT "look" for it. Just GLANCE in then back out. If you see it at a GLANCE then fill to the next line. Go line by line until you don't see the dot with a GLANCE. If you "look" for it you will see it.

The CYA test laughs at all of us so you'll need to stablish dominance early on. Sprinkle a bunch of googly eyes on the patio and crush them with your heel 1 by 1 as you test. Mr Funnyman in the tube will play nice all of a sudden if he knows what's best for him.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting the task of dosing a swimming pool with jugs of chlorine and muriatic acid be left to children. I honestly couldn't say what age I would allow my littles to do that. Not 11. But there's no reason kids can't learn the test kit at that age. Or learn to safely clean the skimmer basket or brush the pool. Mum doesn't have to do it all. A little group effort goes a long way.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting the task of dosing a swimming pool with jugs of chlorine and muriatic acid be left to children. I honestly couldn't say what age I would allow my littles to do that. Not 11. But there's no reason kids can't learn the test kit at that age. Or learn to safely clean the skimmer basket or brush the pool. Mum doesn't have to do it all. A little group effort goes a long way.
We're just at ER now i'll have to get back to you on this one. :sneaky:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe its the pre-yelling about math class but I cant find an easy way to calculate the area of pool (44sqM) by the average depth (1.5m). If anyone has something to plug it in, think i need split it into a rectagle and triangle. It's a formula, that's about where I started wagging school and yeah. Another time.

Help appreciated! Chucked in some cash for the site cause I can tell a good thing early!

Maybe its the pre-yelling about math class but I cant find an easy way to calculate the area of pool (44sqM) by the average depth (1.5m). If anyone has something to plug it in, think i need split it into a rectagle and triangle. It's a formula, that's about where I started wagging school and yeah. Another time.

Help appreciated! Chucked in some cash for the site cause I can tell a good thing early!
that would make it 66,000 litres, quite big
you can use how your pool reacts to chemicals to narrow it down
if pool math says to add 1kg of something and you overshoot then your pool is smaller
if it has little effect then your pool is bigger
there is a complex way to work it out , save this for a read in a few months time

that would make it 66,000 litres, quite big

there is a complex way to work it out , save this for a read in a few months time

It's a STUPID SHAPE WHO CHOSE THIS PENTAGONAL Crud. The guy we bought from, pretty sure he swung, enjoyed swinging, not on swings. Not sure how one equals the other but...
Sorry boys surely thats wrong. Its essentially a rectangle and triangle.
I realised after I maybe could've used a different measurement methodology but had hoped for a standing ovation form you all, and was gonna keep my concerns to myself.
Your not angry I know, just disappointed...

I read that chem method already before and thought, holy Crud I hope I never read that again.

Sigh, will update.

ps love the housos avatar
First noticer prize of nothing is yours! :whoot: An inside joke for the shrimp on the BAR-B gang.
Oh man! I thought that was YOU! You'll have to excuse this ignorant yank! Now I don't even know if you're a man or woman (not that it matters). :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: pshawman
Oh man! I thought that was YOU! You'll have to excuse this ignorant yank! Now I don't even know if you're a man or woman (not that it matters). :ROFLMAO:
Luckily in the current 'political climate' one need not choose between the two.

But yeah i'm Peter, named after jesus' top guy.

It's a STUPID SHAPE WHO CHOSE THIS PENTAGONAL Crud. The guy we bought from, pretty sure he swung, enjoyed swinging, not on swings. Not sure how one equals the other but...
Sorry boys surely thats wrong. Its essentially a rectangle and triangle.
I realised after I maybe could've used a different measurement methodology but had hoped for a standing ovation form you all, and was gonna keep my concerns to myself.
Your not angry I know, just disappointed...

I read that chem method already before and thought, holy Crud I hope I never read that again.

Sigh, will update.

Do you have a goodish google maps satellite pic of your pool? If you can post that with the lengths of all the sides, then maybe we can work that out together.

OK tests in progress. Pretty boring start since apparently my CYA levels are way under even 30 whatevers. More to come. Fkin cookin out there...

Reactions: Dirk
Do you have a goodish google maps satellite pic of your pool? If you can post that with the lengths of all the sides, then maybe we can work that out together.
I did think of that and utilise it in my, terrible obviously, calculations initially. I think I know how to get it this time. Cheers.

Reactions: Dirk and mgtfp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.