So glad I didn't give up!!! TFP, all the way!

Re: Should I just give up? Can

Did you pass the OCLT? Congratulations on pushing through to the end!

Good job Wendy! The end is in sight! Any pics you could share?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Your water is clearing! Did you not post it's been green and you cleaned a really dirty filter? I can clearly see the head of the sweeper now. Keep going Wendy! Do not stop!

Clean sand? It might be too clean! LOL I know that sounds weird but....... Have you added any DE to your filter? It helps "catch" teeny, tiny stuff like you are dealing with now.

Just know that you will lose the DE when you backwash. There are several posts on DE and how much to add and how.

You are SO close! I know you want to be done. It WILL happen. Do NOT give up!

HUGS!

Kim

DE it is then, I have read all about it and will give it a try today. The pool has come so far with just a little ways to go .... I wanna swim!
Clean sand? It might be too clean! LOL I know that sounds weird but....... Have you added any DE to your filter? It helps "catch" teeny, tiny stuff like you are dealing with now.

Just know that you will lose the DE when you backwash. There are several posts on DE and how much to add and how.

You are SO close! I know you want to be done. It WILL happen. Do NOT give up!

HUGS!

Kim

Adding DE will help speed things along. It doesn't take much, I bought a box last year and I'm pretty sure it will outlast the pool as I only need about 4 ounces at a time. Keep the pump running, and backwash when the pressure rises high enough. You're almost there!

I added the DE, results almost instantly, I see a rise in PSI for the first time in a week. I can see more pool bottom. This may be just the trick. After I backwash should I add more DE and keep it up. Still slamming also. Our pool is in full sun all day and uses a lot of Clorox. Thanks!!!!!!
Adding DE will help speed things along. It doesn't take much, I bought a box last year and I'm pretty sure it will outlast the pool as I only need about 4 ounces at a time. Keep the pump running, and backwash when the pressure rises high enough. You're almost there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.