So embarrassed...Defeating the Giant Green Monster

Humph... doesn't really explain why the pH was through the roof now does it? I figured if it were way over 100 that could be the reason but it's not.

Casey, it really doesn't explain it!

So, last night I added enough bleach to get to 18, so 6 jugs. This morning my level is 13...pretty good, still right above SLAM level. I'll add more in a minute. The pool is already changing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They usually are quick when you know what you're doing! :good job:

I almost didn't cover my pool last year! I'm so glad I did because I have a DE filter! :lol:

Oh... Jules... don't forget to take the steps out n scrub them! They're going to need a good once over!

I think this is gonna be a quick one! :)
I sure hope so!!!

They usually are quick when you know what you're doing! :good job:

I almost didn't cover my pool last year! I'm so glad I did because I have a DE filter! :lol:

:) Maybe this will help the newbies see if you just follow the SLAM process to a T, it WILL work!

I ran inside this morning and yelled to my DH "the pool is blue!!" He grunted and rolled over haha! Then shortly he came outside to see for himself. He was amazed. I think it's partly due to him and my nephew spending a couple hours in the pool yesterday scrubbing and vacuuming the crud out. You wouldn't believe the amount of algae that was cleaned of the bottom from the vac, it was disgusting! I could see it come out because I was keeping the hose from moving (vac to waste over the side of the pool, like you said Casey)...and it worked really good!

So glad you got it to work!!! :good job: Now you know how to do it in the future... you can do it if you get over flow too! That's how I got the water off my pool cover. I didn't want to buy a sump pump n use electricity... I scratched my head, looked at the yard, grabbed my sweeper head, hose n pole and created the syphon. Hubby came out and asked, how'd you do that?! I told him I sucked to syphon! :mrgreen: He looked at me :shock: I just walked away! :gone:

I'll be taking the steps out later today, it's going to be a huge PITB, but we'll get it done.

It's slowly clearing, I can see the spots where algae has collected on the bottom, so Dh will get in later and vacuum those areas. I'm so happy to see so much progress. I really thought I wouldn't see any change overnight since it was so bad.

Keep hitting it hard!!!

Is your water warm? Our pool is so cold! :shaking2:

You're really moving along quickly! You should be clear by Sunday at this rate! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.