Smarter spa + swg generator with app control

Hey all, I searched the site for swg’s, but didn’t see any info about the smart spa+.

That is definitely new! I was on their site not long ago & it hadn’t been introduced yet.
It seems it is basically the smarter spa with a new control box that has wifi/bluetooth with an extra $129 tacked onto the price for the pleasure. It’s replacement electrode is $66 more too.
I have to imagine it may have the same basic functionality + issues/idiosyncrasies as the regular smarter spa as mentioned in the above post & possibly more since it is complicated with another interface (app).
Unless you’re away from your tub frequently (like at a vacation home) I am not sure it would be all that necessary. Even then the tub should be regularly tested with a recommended kit & parameters adjusted as needed. It’s a trust but verify situation no matter the method of chlorination. Something like this may take care of fc but there’s still going to be ph to manage.
If you end up taking the plunge definitely let us know how it goes.
There are several folks here with the regular smarterspa & the more manual chlormaker who really like them.
@duganderson has a smarter spa maybe he can chime in.

?, i
That is definitely new! I was on their site not long ago & it hadn’t been introduced yet.
It seems it is basically the smarter spa with a new control box that has wifi/bluetooth with an extra $129 tacked onto the price for the pleasure. It’s replacement electrode is $66 more too.
I have to imagine it may have the same basic functionality + issues/idiosyncrasies as the regular smarter spa as mentioned in the above post & possibly more since it is complicated with another interface (app).
Unless you’re away from your tub frequently (like at a vacation home) I am not sure it would be all that necessary. Even then the tub should be regularly tested with a recommended kit & parameters adjusted as needed. It’s a trust but verify situation no matter the method of chlorination. Something like this may take care of fc but there’s still going to be ph to manage.
If you end up taking the plunge definitely let us know how it goes.
There are several folks here with the regular smarterspa & the more manual chlormaker who really like them.
@duganderson has a smarter spa maybe he can chime in.
Thanks, yes I’m aware of the other parameters to check, I’m just not able to add chlorine frequently ( work schedule may be away for a day or 2) and the chlorine tab floater has my cya level through the roof just trying to get a steady flow of FC so the day to day addition of chlorine goes away unless it’s after use..
thanks
Victor

?, i

Thanks, yes I’m aware of the other parameters to check, I’m just not able to add chlorine frequently ( work schedule may be away for a day or 2) and the chlorine tab floater has my cya level through the roof just trying to get a steady flow of FC so the day to day addition of chlorine goes away unless it’s after use..
thanks
Victor
Any drape over will do in that case, it doesn’t need to be the exceptionally fancy version. Unless of course you just want one cuz gadgets are fun. 🤩
I have a saltron mini & it does just fine without sensing the fc. It took me about a week to figure out what the setting needed to be. I can go on vacation or be away a few days with no problems.

I’m thinking of getting a swg and came across this, too. Since all the indicators and controls are available through the app, it seems like the box could go inside the spa cabinet, which would be really nice. But there seems to be a lot more love on TFP for the Saltron mini than the Smarter Spa, so that’s made me hesitant to pull the trigger, especially considering the price.

I know my saltron cells last 18 months or so in my tub running 2-3 hrs/day (around 1600hrs) My 1st control box lasted nearly 4 years.
I haven’t seen much feedback on how long the ControlOmatic cells last (they say 7000 hrs), if it’s truly alot longer than the saltron mini that is the likely reason for the higher starting price point which is definitely valid. The saltron cell is small (smaller than my hand) & the entry price is about $100 or so less than the cheapest ControlOmatic setup. Those were the determining factors for me as I have a very small tub & cannot conceal the cell in my filter compartment & I’m running on a shoestring budget 😁. I was recently able to replace my control unit fairly inexpensively by buying a slightly used one & I have 2 new cells so when they all go kaput eventually I may try out the ControlOmatic manual one since it’s not much more expensive & may actually be less expensive in the long run. I personally don’t care for the automatic sensing thing, but I like my stuff fairly basic.

Thanks all, I do like automation ..😆 I purchased the smarterspa+. Right out the box it started producing, very happy about that. I know it says to drain and rebalance spa, but my spa is less than 30days and well balanced except for cya at 70 now from chlorine tabs.. Only thing it says my salt is good, never added any but strips do say 1500 ppm, waiting on tf-100 salt test kit to verify. So far so good..🤞🏾

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You mentioned “it’s less than 30 days”. I assume you mean your tub is new.
If you haven’t already, you should do an Ahhsome purge soon - as even brand new spas can have biofim accumulation since they are all wet tested at the factory & it’s nearly impossible to evacuate all the water so stuff grows in the plumbing while it is enroute to you. Be sure to follow the FC/CYA Levels & always stay above minimum for your cya lest nasties will proliferate at a rapid pace 🤢
Many find that their standby fc demand decreases once they have purged the plumbing of all the gunk as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.