Baton Rouge, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
I am in the process of slamming my pool for mustard algae and one day I found piles of these dead worms, maggots, larvae? They are always clumped together and dead, but what are they and where did they come from?A8487B19-9B54-467C-8B27-8C9CA5890437.jpeg

They look like lawn grubs or cicada larvae. Has it rained a lot where you are? The ground gets flooded, the grubs crawl up for air, and they either crawl or get washed into your pool. One of the hazards of in ground pools. Them and earthworms. (shudder)

They look like lawn grubs or cicada larvae. Has it rained a lot where you are? The ground gets flooded, the grubs crawl up for air, and they either crawl or get washed into your pool. One of the hazards of in ground pools. Them and earthworms. (shudder)
Yes, it has stormed everyday this week. Makes it very difficult to keep chlorine levels for slamming when it gets diluted everyday. Thank you for your reply, so glad it’s not something really gross.

Ok, so the grubs, if that is what they are, keep showing up and in larger numbers now. I am in south Louisiana so our summer is heat or rain, often a deluge. We have never had a problem with these grub things before and have had the pool for 8-9 years. Could this be a sign of a leak or a clogged pipe somewhere?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.