SLAMing and waterbugs

Waters still a little cloudy but I can see the head of the brush clearly on the bottom even after sweeping, wasn't like that yesterday. I backwashed the DE out last night after dark because I was concerned it would pressure up over night. Think I might be back washing too much Patrick, or should I add more DE and see how it does? Being Mother's Day not sure how much time I'll be spending with it today, going to try to get the 5 kiddos to help keep mom on her tush all day but...you know how monsters can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to be around there today, I would go ahead and try another DE charge, and check it later for pressure and flow. If you still have decent flow, let it catch some more junk. Check on it again a little later and see. I'd try it if it were me. Either way, I would max out the filter on pressure and flow before I backwashed, DE charged or not. Dirtier sand filters catch more, so it's a balancing act between that, pressure and flow.

That is great you see a difference from yesterday to today. Remember when you add DE to let your pressure rise before backwashing. What I did was let my pressure rise and then also checked the flow from the return. If the flow was still good, I did not back wash until the flow slowed down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
fde8e512fd2bde0b14c450f291982ea1.jpg

Going to vacuum and add water. Supposed to rain all week so will just add enough to keep pump primed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.