SLAMing and waterbugs

7:15am Cl: 25.5ppm
CC: .5ppm
Can't see it in the pic but starting to make out the seams in shallow end. I like it!!!
c796702c1be8ac455da70a3765328ffc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, look at that!

This may go more easily than I was picturing. From here, you'll see progress every day. The end seems to drag a little, but all you have to do is keep the FC at SLAM like we talked about until you pass all the criteria. Good to hear!!! :goodjob:

Let me tell you...

Lisa (AZgirl) SLAM'd her pool to perfection. I've seen more than one give up when they got to the same spot on the trail, but not her. She ordered more reagent, humped some more Bleach home and beat her pool into submission. All in a small pool, and we've seen people give up with elaborate IG pools long before she did. Big or small, the answer is still the same. Free Chlorine.

Now she's helping other people fix their pools. It kinda happens that way around here.

You'll be there soon enough. If you read up on, and start in with DE, remember that you'll need to watch the filter closely as it will be catching a lot more stuff than usual and plugging off sooner.

Thanks for all the info Patrick. Going to start reading up on DE in sand filter after my nap. Read... azgirl? Thread and saw the pics of her water and was amazed. Beautiful!

Thank you! I owe it all to just following the advice I was given on here and not giving up. I am sure your pool will sparkling before you know it.

Let me tell you...

Lisa (AZgirl) SLAM'd her pool to perfection. I've seen more than one give up when they got to the same spot on the trail, but not her. She ordered more reagent, humped some more Bleach home and beat her pool into submission. All in a small pool, and we've seen people give up with elaborate IG pools long before she did. Big or small, the answer is still the same. Free Chlorine.

Now she's helping other people fix their pools. It kinda happens that way around here.

You'll be there soon enough. If you read up on, and start in with DE, remember that you'll need to watch the filter closely as it will be catching a lot more stuff than usual and plugging off sooner.

Than you Patrick, even though I did the tedious hard work I could not have done it with out TFP member guidance.

others might have mentioned it already, but when you have a chance, remove anything like ladders, lights, etc from the pool and scrub them and leave them out until you are done. my SLAM was stalled for a couple of days until I removed my light and found a ton of nasty gunk behind there. cleaned that out, and within 24 hrs FC wasn't being consumed and I passed to OCLT. gotta search all around your pool to find the algae and KILL it ALL

2:30pm
Cl: 15ppm added 45oz cal-hypo
CC: 0ppm
Cya: 30ppm turned on chlorinator to raise some. Gets full sun from about 9am-5pm guessing that is where most of the Cl loss came from.
I'm sure it will azgirl71, going to keep at it.
Wedding cake steps have been out since before install started...Nasty!!!!going to clean and modify, drill holes and try to weigh down a different way. Have been using the bags that came with them and river pebbles. Can't imagine the mess it was when we drug it out. Haven't yet decided which way to go weighing it down yet but got some ideas from a thread I read on here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're at 50 now right? If so you want to stay. Reason is, is that there is a trade off. If you have higher Cya, it takes a lot more FC, so the 30-40 range Cya is usually about the sweet spot for that.

At 2:30 I checked cya and got a reading of 30ppm. I have not added any water but have backwashed twice...should only lower with addition of water yes? Afraid I may have tested too soon after adding sanitizer at the start. But if 30ppm is good I'll leave it be. It's just we do get full sun most of the day, however it's pretty overcast today. Sun only popping out now and again.

answered my own question.....amazing what a little reading will provide.

06-22-2007, 06:28 AM #10

matt4x4

matt4x4 is offline Senior Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeobrite and DE

My sand filter runs Zeobrite (the original zeo anything) i believe it's also 3 microns, but what I do find is the very fine dirt just filters out MUCH faster with a coating of DE than just using your filter media.
I tend to only use it if I've had to kill off algae or when I first start my pool up in the spring (I don't cover it all winter and get lots of fine dust collecting).
Cleaning up after algae can be sped up approximately 2 times by adding DE.
I have't added DE all season since startup, and my pool is so clear right now you could read the writing on a penny lying at the bottom - I know you're all going to give me heck now for adding copper to my water!!!!

Don't let it drift down too far...you keep the FC high (at or just above SLAM) until it's Crystal clear, no CC, and you pass OCLT.

I think you meant stabilizer, not sanitizer in post #35. I think so anyway...Just making sure. Since it looks like you have at least 30 Cya, let's don't adjust that right now...and yes dilution with new water is the only way you can make it go down. Good level on FC 25. Keep it as close to that as possible until this is done. Don't take it any higher. Going higher with a liner pool will risk fading.

This stretch is where you want to think you are over it, but you have to keep the FC at SLAM level. Don't get fooled thinking it's closer than it is.

You can try the DE, but you have to watch the filter. It will foul and lose flow quicker when you add it. That's good, just watch it. Just be relentless as possible with the FC level. That's how you make this get better. Make it your focus.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.