Allen Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool is green. I started my SLAM process today. Based on ph and cya level.

Pool is 40000 gallon. Added 6 gallons of 10% clorine liquid.

It's been 3 hrs and don't see any sign of water color changing. It is still green.

Should I add more gallons now? Or wait

What is your chlorine level? What is your CYA level? 6 gallons of 10% would have raised your chlorine level by 15ppm, but it's certainly lower now.

Below are my readings.
CYA - 53
Ph - 7.3
FC - 0.08
You will need your own test kit to do a SLAM. The pool store test (assuming that’s where those results are from) doesn’t work for that.

Those results show that you have zero chlorine even though you added 6 gallons so we can be reasonable sure it’s an inaccurate test result.

Reactions: Jejunum
You will need your own test kit to do a SLAM. The pool store test (assuming that’s where those results are from) doesn’t work for that.

Those results show that you have zero chlorine even though you added 6 gallons so we can be reasonable sure it’s an inaccurate test result.
I have test kit and these test are done by me. Before starting SLAM, its been 5 hrs so I didn't run test again yet.

But water is still green so I thought I need to add more liquid clorine. So wanted to make sure. I will run next test tomorrow morning

I have test kit and these test are done by me. Before starting SLAM, its been 5 hrs so I didn't run test again yet.

But water is still green so I thought I need to add more liquid clorine. So wanted to make sure. I will run next test tomorrow morning
How do you measure chlorine at 0.08 and CYA at 53? The recommended Taylor test kits only measure FC down to 0.5ppm (or 0.2ppm) and CYA in 10ppm increments.

The water will take several days or weeks to clear up depending on how green it is. Are you following the TFP SLAM process?

The SLAM Process requires testing and replenishing fc to slam level for your cya
FC/CYA Levels multiple times per day. It’s not a one & done / immediate green to blue situation. But following it fully until you meet all 3 end of slam criteria ensures that you actually eradicate the algae- not just make the pool look better.

Reactions: proavia and Bperry
How do you measure chlorine at 0.08 and CYA at 53? The recommended Taylor test kits only measure FC down to 0.5ppm (or 0.2ppm) and CYA in 10ppm increments.

The water will take several days or weeks to clear up depending on how green it is. Are you following the TFP SLAM process?
My clorine readings are from "swim clear pool store" in texas. Other readings are from my own test kit before starting TFP SLAM process.

I will run all test again tomorrow morning and post it here.

Thanks for your help. I am doing this process first time. Earlier I was following leslies but they didn't help for three weeks.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My clorine readings are from "swim clear pool store" in texas. Other readings are from my own test kit before starting TFP SLAM process.
No worries, just want to highlight that pool store have a poor reputation for accurate testing and so TFP won’t offer any advice based on tests from them. To follow the SLAM process it’s required to have a Taylor reagent kit (either Taylor K2006C or TF-100) so that everyone here has the same test procedure and can offer relevant advice.

It’s hard to believe the pool store is that bad but you’de be wise to never waste time having them test again, except maybe for metals if that’s ever an issue.

Forgot to say welcome to TFP if no one has said so yet!

I will run all test again tomorrow morning and post it here.

Thanks for your help. I am doing this process first time. Earlier I was following leslies but they didn't help for three weeks.
We’re glad you found us! Let’s turn this around!
A couple notes to help you & help us help you…
*Update your signature with all the info you can about your pool, your exact test kit, your pool cleaner etc. - see mine at the bottom of each post as an example (turn mobile devices sideways)

*Use PoolMath to calculate all additions- also, the subscription ($7/yr) is definitely worthwhile as it allows you to keep logs of all your test results & additions (amongst other things) as well as share them with us (if you click my avatar you will see mine). It also allows for you to do this for multiple pools if you also have a spa or vacation home pool.

*For a successful SLAM Process
you need to continue to MAINTAIN Slam level fc for your cya
FC/CYA Levels
as often as possible (multiple times per day is best- every few hours if you can swing it) until you meet ALL 3 end of slam criteria-

You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
the water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, etc.) if water can go there algae can live there
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

SLAM ON! We got u!

We’re glad you found us! Let’s turn this around!
A couple notes to help you & help us help you…
*Update your signature with all the info you can about your pool, your exact test kit, your pool cleaner etc. - see mine at the bottom of each post as an example (turn mobile devices sideways)

*Use PoolMath to calculate all additions- also, the subscription ($7/yr) is definitely worthwhile as it allows you to keep logs of all your test results & additions (amongst other things) as well as share them with us (if you click my avatar you will see mine). It also allows for you to do this for multiple pools if you also have a spa or vacation home pool.

*For a successful SLAM Process
you need to continue to MAINTAIN Slam level fc for your cya
FC/CYA Levels
as often as possible (multiple times per day is best- every few hours if you can swing it) until you meet ALL 3 end of slam criteria-

You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
the water is clear.

(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, etc.) if water can go there algae can live there
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

SLAM ON! We got u!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419_114243.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_114243.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Please find attached test results from this morning. I am using K2006 test kit.

Note:
1.currently I have dummy salt cell. As suggested I will add salt cell after SLAM.
2. Looks like tomorrow there might be some rain in texas.

Please suggest my next SLAM step to turn my pool from green to blue.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419_114243.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_114243.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 16
Please suggest my next SLAM step to turn my pool from green to blue.
Your pH is already in a good place. :goodjob: Consider your CYA as 40, so the FC/CYA Levels tells us that your FC SLAM level is "16". Increase (and maintain) the FC to 16 and follow the SLAM Process page. Good luck!

Do I need to add more liquid chlorine
Do as Texas Splash mentions and test your FC and add LC, as needed, several times throughout the day. The more you keep the FC at 16ppm, the quicker this will go.

Also, can you confirm your salt cell is an Intellichor IC40? Based on your pool size, this may be undersized.

Do as Texas Splash mentions and test your FC and add LC, as needed, several times throughout the day. The more you keep the FC at 16ppm, the quicker this will go.

Also, can you confirm your salt cell is an Intellichor IC40? Based on your pool size, this may be undersized.
I don't have salt cell now, it has dummy cell now. I will add salt cell and salt after SLAM process completes.

Currently my pool turned from green to cloudy blue. I have two questions

1. Should I Continue adding liquid clorine based on test results.
2. I have added last 2 gallon liquid chlorine at 4pm. When can I run water test again before sleep.

Thanks for your help in advance. So far I am gaining confidence and learning a lot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.