SLAM Guidance...

Update: scaling back on chlorine definitely improved the water clarity.

Trying to maintain close to 12 FC as possible but is challenging if not home during the day (work).

Is there risk to having to start over if you go a significant amount of time during the day without testing and adding? Has been really sunny here and I’m afraid too much will burn off while I’m at the office and I’m going to lose ground.

Also, to prep for a finished SLAM, is there any harm in getting my salt level where it needs to be to be ready for the SWG to take over?

Is there risk to having to start over if you go a significant amount of time during the day without testing and adding?
If you're above minimum, you're only pausing the extra efficiency of the SLAM.

Obviously if the FC is wiped out altogether between adds, then the algae is growing as it pleases again, but usually once the process has gotten over the initial hump, some FC will remain long enough for you to work today.

Also, to prep for a finished SLAM, is there any harm in getting my salt level where it needs to be to be ready for the SWG o take over?
Salt doesn't interfere with the slam and vice/versa, providing you have your full attention on either at the appropriate time. If you have SLAM downtime, feel free to focus on salt. It's a good project for the filtering stage when FC is holding well and you're going crazy waiting for the filter.