SLAM and white haze

1.5ppm fc consumption/day is pretty good for sunny California in June! I think you’re doing fine. As for the .5 cc - clean your beaker with alcohol & try again tomorrow.

That would be pretty good, I agree. I've just been used to losing a lot less than that until yesterday. It's been cloudy and my autocover has been closed most of the time except for testing or brushing. The pool hasn't been used so I was surprised to see my SWG not make any progress overnight at 20% output.

I set my SWG to 40% about 18 hours ago. I just tested my water again and it's still 9.5 FC with CC being .5

I'm still not sure what that is telling me. I'm still thinking the SWG isn't working or there is something that is consuming 40% SWG output worth of chlorine in my pool.

Have you dis-associated your SWCG control from the Intellichem?

I think I misunderstood your question. Yes, I disassociated it in terms of the intellichem doesn't automatically control my SWG, but I can change my SWG manually through the intellichem instead of on the unit itself.

I'll test again later today and try an OCLT test tonight.

I'm driving myself crazy. Whatever is/was going on may have passed, or maybe it's because I tested earlier in the day than usual, but I gained 1ppm FC from yesterday and have no CC. So I'm thinking the SWG is working. I didn't change a thing as far as SWG output, only weird thing I noticed yesterday was that my filter pressure went up quite a bit yesterday so I planned to clean it today. Last night I looked at my filter pressure again but it had gone back down to clean filter level. Not sure how to explain that one. I still plan to try the OCLT tonight.

I'm driving myself crazy. Whatever is/was going on may have passed, or maybe it's because I tested earlier in the day than usual, but I gained 1ppm FC from yesterday and have no CC. So I'm thinking the SWG is working. I didn't change a thing as far as SWG output, only weird thing I noticed yesterday was that my filter pressure went up quite a bit yesterday so I planned to clean it today. Last night I looked at my filter pressure again but it had gone back down to clean filter level. Not sure how to explain that one. I still plan to try the OCLT tonight.
Take the wins 😂😂 clean it anyway for good measure

Reactions: Aaronbr
One last update on this thread. I am all good with the pool. I passed the OCLT last night so I'm thinking what I've been seeing after the 4 week SLAM is just me getting used to my pool and how it reacts.

The pool builder was over last Wednesday and someone should be here this week to repair the gaps in some grout lines, as well as replace two chipped tiles and clean my grout while the water is drained down and leaves me with spare tiles for the future incase they go out of production. All at no charge.

And just a few pics I took a moment ago.

Attachments

• PXL_20230604_185015356-01.jpeg
    PXL_20230604_185015356-01.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230604_185044541-01.jpeg
    PXL_20230604_185044541-01.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230604_185113207-01.jpeg
    PXL_20230604_185113207-01.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.