SLAM and my CC is now high

Labradabra

Dec 9, 2017
Kings mountain nc
Hi
I had algae but pool has been clear: I started SLAM now my CC is high.
PH 7.2
CYA 75
FC 15
CC 2.2
ALk 80

Since my CYA/FC are at SLAM level and I have not met the SLAM finish requirement with the high CC: do I just keep running the pump 24hrs to lower the CC? Do I add more liquid chlorine?

Also I used the CYA/FC level for shock found in the salt pool table but when I use pool math for the FC level it says FC 15 current and SLAM 31 and target is outside of recommended range? Why is that?
Thanks for you help!

Since my CYA/FC are at SLAM level and I have not met the SLAM finish requirement with the high CC: do I just keep running the pump 24hrs to lower the CC? Do I add more liquid chlorine?

Also I used the CYA/FC level for shock found in the salt pool table but when I use pool math for the FC level it says FC 15 current and SLAM 31 and target is outside of recommended range? Why is that?
Thanks for you help!
High CC means you are killing the bad stuff.

Your CYA is 80. Always round up. SLAM level FC for you is 31.

It says outside of range because slam is outside the recommended FC range. Ignore the message during SLAM.

Follow the SLAM process instructions. Link-->SLAM Process

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.