katiejean13

Jun 24, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Sorry if this is a dumb question. PB started up our pool equipment last week and hasn’t shown us how to operate anything besides the bubbler and skimmer valves. We have a 2.7 HP VS Pump. The PB doesn’t have anyone to set up automation, so it will be another 2 weeks before someone they contracted comes out to set it up and show us how to use it on our phones. In the interim, the pump/filter is just running at full speed 24/7. Is there a way to manually adjust the speed of the pump or timer? Should the skimmer constantly be open or does that get turned off when the pump isn’t running?

Katie,

I assume your pump has three or four buttons. Try pushing button #1 and see what happens.

I suspect that the builder has selected button #4 which is most likely full speed.

It would be nice to know what specific pump you have??? Who makes it??

Not sure I fully understand your skimmer question? In general, the skimmer is connected to the pump and is in operation as long as the pump is running. When the pump shuts off, the water flow through the skimmers stops, but nothing is connected or disconnected.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Katie,

I assume your pump has three or four buttons. Try pushing button #1 and see what happens.

I suspect that the builder has selected button #4 which is most likely full speed.

It would be nice to know what specific pump you have??? Who makes it??

Not sure I fully understand your skimmer question? In general, the skimmer is connected to the pump and is in operation as long as the pump is running. When the pump shuts off, the water flow through the skimmers stops, but nothing is connected or disconnected.

Thanks,

Jim R.
We have a Jandy e pump. 2.7HP VSP. I cant seem to find any buttons on the pump (without taking anything apart at least). And not seeing anything in the manual that indicates the ability to adjust without the automation.

We were only told we can turn it on an off with the button in here
10129602-FFF5-48EB-9C71-550BE2A10C5D.jpeg

I know this seems obvious, but have you read the manuals for your equipment? I understand it might seem daunting, but there is nothing to loose other than some time.

Also make and model of your equipment would make it easier for other to help.

On the skimmers there is a weir door that floats and adjusts to the water level of the pool. It's there to help capture floating debris and stop what is in the skimmer basket from getting back into the pool when the pump is off.

Based on the lights on your Aqualink - you are in pool mode, the pump is on and the Aqualink is in service mode.

Service mode allows you to manually adjust pump speed at the pump itself - or should allow.....
Post a pic of your pump, showing its control panel. Also post the exact model number of the pump.

EDIT - disregard, see @PoolGate reply in post #7

Last edited:
You cannot adjust the speed without automation. They have a different model for stand-alone that comes with an on-pump control panel.
Interesting.... and good to know for future Jandy automation questions.

What is the easiest way to change pump speeds with the system the OP has?

Interesting.... and good to know for future Jandy automation questions.

What is the easiest way to change pump speeds with the system the OP has?

If she could program it, she could add a function that changed the speed. Then she could press that while in Service mode (aux1, aux2, etc). Other than that, there is no way to change the speed without automation. She is stuck waiting for her builder to come back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.