Signed the contract and looking at products:)

On track start scrape, dig etc next Wednesday...our house will be finished being painted tomorrow so everything is on track finally. Builder ordered our pavers, tile and glass step tile today, too. Our backyard looks like a war zone but it is going to be so worth it. Hoping the fall weather holds up (cool 50's overnight, 70's in the day) and very little rain:) Thanks everyone again for your advice and support, I truly appreciate it:)

They came to do the pre-grade scrape yesterday and are doing the forms today!!!! Tomorrow is our dig date and they will be dropping the steel as well. A flurry of activity this week. I'm going to add pix in as soon as they are loaded into photobucket...

0B0739F1-85FC-492F-9362-9AB85B68AF8B_zpsfr1sj396.jpg
[/URL]

hopefully this one worked.

So that picture is of the backyard before the grade...here's some other before shots:
Here's the hubby and one of the wee three helping remove the patio pavers. We built three nerf war defense turrets with them. We'll re-use them for a walkway or something later.
A9D64E72-AA0B-4329-A7B7-791B9B88A6B5_zpsfnwkse30.jpg
[/URL]

Our kids and the neighbors playing war...
DCF31876-85D2-41F4-B0DD-2A926D9BF011_zpsgxv1gvgv.jpg
[/URL]

start of the scrape

A1077358-18F8-433F-9763-09CFED3C0761_zpsvxhb7uhd.jpg
[/URL]

Buster and Bun watching the scrape...Buster hides his chews out there...he was not amused and looked for them all afternoon.
B0D5ECF4-9180-4A66-AA66-3C3D768D00D2_zpsicsomuln.jpg
[/URL]

Buster searching...and the guys are here doing the pool form. He's keeping a close eye on them from the sofa.

I'll add in more as they progress this week:)

CUTE! Love all of the pics! Love the family working together on the project and making new, fun stuff out of the pavers! Dad sure was getting his work out in! LOL

Let the mud begin! Have towels by the back door to wipe dog feet and kid's bodies off with!

Kim:kim:

Hole is dug and the crew was awesome. They were packing up to leave and the next crew came to start the plumbing and the rebar. Rest of the rebar to be finished tomorrow and inspector scheduled for Monday.i think we are scheduled for a Tuesday shoot if inspection is good. Things will slow down till then till after Thanksgiving then we will see what happens next...more plumbing and tile then pebble? So glad this has worked out so well. Thanks Kimkats for your positive and helpful comments!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you ready for your "job" tomorrow? You need to take a tape measure out and measure everything. Is it long, wide, deep, etc. enough? Add about 6 inches for gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to tweak or fix as needed or wanted.

You have kids and pets. You need to be ready to go get some of these:

Amazon.com: rebar safety caps

You can pick them up at your local hardware store. I just wanted you to know what they looked like. This will protect everyone from the ends of the rebar if it is sticking up and a fall might cause someone to be impaled. Better safe than sorry.

W measured the forms yesterday with the crew and discussed how thick of a concrete wall they do...fortunately I'm at home and my husbands works from home so we scoot out all day and watch and ask questions. trying to stay informed and proactive.
The PB uses construction fencing across the patio to keep the pool safe from the kids and our dogs. They have been awesome since the sales guy fiasco. So happy with the way our project has turned out. I'll post pix tonight or tomorrow::)

Pix as promised:)

We kept the kids home for an hour from school to watch the arrival of the diggers and the beginning of the dig. They loved it.
[URL=http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/mothershipp1/media/Pool%20Build%202016%20Part%20Deux/9AA00D1C-3FDA-4C6B-AA94-F52D7645CBE4_zpsockhiimm.jpg.html]
9AA00D1C-3FDA-4C6B-AA94-F52D7645CBE4_zpsockhiimm.jpg
[/URL]

The crew was efficient, practiced and friendly.

Rebar and early plumbing complete and awaiting inspection on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Have I mentioned I'm not very tech savvy??? Especially doing this on my phone;)

BUT you did it! (I hate posting on my phone! It is so much harder)

That looks awesome. I am SO glad you kept the kids home to see it!

Now is the time to measure for sure! Long, wide, deep, curved enough? If not NOW is when to tweak and fix as needed and wanted.

Shell was done on Tuesday and it looks great. It looks like a real pool!!!! They put a sump pump in the deep end and it stopped working between Friday night and yesterday morning. There is some water in the deep end. Not a ton and what is there hasn't grown larger or deeper since yesterday morning. Is there anything to be concerned about?

You tell us this but do not show a picture????????? MEAN, oh so MEAN I tell you! LOL

No worries about water being in it. You should be bonding with the pool right now anyway aka watering it to help it cure.

Text your PB and tell him the pump stopped working just so he knows.

It has been crazy busy Kimkats with the holiday and kids out of school! Cooking, cleaning and shopping, oh my!!!
We did email the PB on Saturday to let them know. We haven't heard from them but with the holiday I'm not surprised plus it seems pretty common when I read up on it and talked to our neighbors.
This week is stripping the forms etc, electric, and tile. Next week they will do the footers for the pool cage as long as everything stays on schedule. I think they are trying to finish by New Years which works for us. Here are some of the few pix I got. (We video'd a lot and have been using the GoPro as well. I had to hit Costco Tuesday morning so I missed a lot:(

Shallow end shoot

Doggie deck, wrap bench, spa

Finished pool

Dad and kids playing in pool several days after shoot

Just because it's cute pic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.