Shock question

Walmart 6 way test kit
mamedu3u.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

You need to test to see what the pool store threw into your pool last year and what's left over from the winter before you add CYA. Have you been reading Pool School?

I am now dice..... lost everything with careingemt when i signed up with tapatalk very disapointed i need history from careingemt lots of useful stuff there ......

You did not lose anything. You just did not sign into the forum through Tapatalk correctly and have now created 2 accounts. Admin will eventually combine them.

This is a forum, not Twitter, so multiple 3 word posts are not required or helpful

No cya. From last year did not put any cya in last year got pool so late..... cya this year is 0 I would assume cause it was 0 when I closed

Seriously considering. TF-50 but no Ph test in 50 kit can I use Walmart Ph test is it accurate

You did not lose anything. You just did not sign into the forum through Tapatalk correctly and have now created 2 accounts. Admin will eventually combine them.

This is a forum, not Twitter, so multiple 3 word posts are not required or helpful

I hope very soon this will happen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I tried to sign in under careingemt it says invalid username/password..... when I sign in under dice I am in

What did you chlorinate with last year? Did the pool store winterize your pool? Did you swim at all? Or did someone just fill your pool, cover it and call it a day and you opened to a clear pool? Did you even check the CYA? Do you even know what went into the water last year?

Chlorinated with sticks....no I winterized it... yes we did swim bout 5 times pool installed late August 2013..... I was told to not add cya since I got pool so late... therefore cya is 0.... yes....I know what went in pool... I put it in

Run a full set of numbers and please post them up.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CYA

You used sticks which is a stabilized form of chlorine and then you winterized it with what??? You may or may not have CYA in your water.

Run a full set of numbers and please post them up.

FC = free chlorine.... I can test for chlorine would this be tc also
CC = ?
pH =Ph
TA = total alkalinity
CYA = stabilizer .... can not test for this tonight ... I need cyanuric acid reagent which I need to buy

this is correct right

when I use Wal-Mart kit (6 way test ) I test for

"total chlorine" / "total bromine"
PH
total alkalinity
total hardness
cya which I can not do

directions for "alkalinity" state as followed

1) fill test tube to 25ml
2) add 5 drops of alk indicator swirl to mix ... sample should be green
3) add alk titrant drop wise. after each drop, count and swirl to mix until color turns from green to red
4) multiply drops in step 3 by 10 = ppm total alk

am I testing correctly ?

when doing step 3 ..... I count drops say I am on #6 I swirl and color turns red ... when swirl stops color is green .... so I add another 3 drops one at a time swirled each one .
after 3rd drop when swirl stops color is red so total alk is 90ppm is this correct ? or is it 60 ppm ( cause it did turn red during swirl #6 )

You used sticks which is a stabilized form of chlorine and then you winterized it with what??? You may or may not have CYA in your water.

winterized pool with 2#of shock.. I think this is all I added, could I have added something else ? no algaecide added

The TF100 has all the tests you need to get through the summer and then some. The money you spend on the test kit would pay for itself by the time you run around looking for extra test kits to complete the 6 way test kit you bought that you thought was good enough but isn't. We don't want you to buy a test kit to be funny. The members here do not make any money off of the test kits. We suggest them because it makes pool care so much easier and they are reliable and... you can get refills when you run out. So, do you want to continue to limp by with a cheapo test kit from WalMart that can't perform all the test you need or do you want to buy the test kit that can perform all the test we ask for, that you'll always have, and you know can perform at 100%? It's your choice in the end.

Some reading for you...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/20949-Testimonials

The TF100 has all the tests you need to get through the summer and then some. The money you spend on the test kit would pay for itself by the time you run around looking for extra test kits to complete the 6 way test kit you bought that you thought was good enough but isn't. We don't want you to buy a test kit to be funny. The members here do not make any money off of the test kits. We suggest them because it makes pool care so much easier and they are reliable and... you can get refills when you run out. So, do you want to continue to limp by with a cheapo test kit from WalMart that can't perform all the test you need or do you want to buy the test kit that can perform all the test we ask for, that you'll always have, and you know can perform at 100%? It's your choice in the end.

Some reading for you...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/20949-Testimonials

I do not think any of you are trying to be funny ... its just money is a little tight right now and $70.00 is a lot at this point in our life. By no means am I against buying this test kit its just money is a little tight now.

what am I missing with this walmart test kit ? ....

the only way I had to test my water was with test strips... I thought a liquid test kit would be better than strips

- - - Updated - - -

FC = free chlorine.... I can test for chlorine would this be tc also
CC = ?
pH =Ph
TA = total alkalinity
CYA = stabilizer .... can not test for this tonight ... I need cyanuric acid reagent which I need to buy

this is correct right
-------------------------------------------------------------

am I testing right

when I use Wal-Mart kit (6 way test ) I test for

"total chlorine" / "total bromine"
PH
total alkalinity
total hardness
cya which I can not do

directions for "alkalinity" state as followed

1) fill test tube to 25ml
2) add 5 drops of alk indicator swirl to mix ... sample should be green
3) add alk titrant drop wise. after each drop, count and swirl to mix until color turns from green to red
4) multiply drops in step 3 by 10 = ppm total alk

when doing step 3 ..... I count drops say I am on #6 I swirl and color turns red ... when swirl stops color is green .... so I add another 3 drops one at a time swirled each one .
after 3rd drop when swirl stops color is red so total alk is 90ppm is this correct ? or is it 60 ppm ( cause it did turn red during swirl #6 )

I have never had a pool before my pool was installed late august 2013 it is a Make A Wish pool (our son had heart surgery) I have learned a lot here ... this is a great forum. and guys here are great with
answering all my questions very helpful I really appreciate all the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.