Desmond.TFP

Nov 26, 2012
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
From other posts here, it sounds like this pump is the way to go. I'm evaluating both the 011056, and the 011075 with or without added touchscreen option.

What price is reasonable for each, just parts? And approx what is reasonable installation labor cost on top of that? I'm bracing for massive markup from my pool company, as they recently quoted me $135 for a Jandy 2-port diverter valve, which I can buy for $65 on Amazon.

I have an iAqualink 2.0 control panel which is hooked up to my current main filter pump (and also to a Polaris pump, waterfall pump, pool lights). Will that suffice for a weekly pool technician to turn on / off the new pump, or is it important to have a touchscreen on the Intelliflo3 for them?

[EDIT: To clarify, I assume I can't use the iAqualink to program speed & flow on the new VS pump, that would be left to the pump's onboard touchscreen or mobile app if WiFi model. I was wondering if I had just WiFi but no onboard touchscreen, could a pool tech visiting when I'm not around still simply turn the pump on & off from the iAqualink?]

How usable / useful is the mobile app? Does pump automatically go to high speed to (re)gain prime if needed at startup, then drop down to its programmed setting?

Thanks!

[EDIT: Pool company quoted $135 for Jandy Pro Series 2-port while Amazon lists $65 for Jandy 2-port. Is there any real difference?]

Last edited:
From other posts here, it sounds like this pump is the way to go. I'm evaluating both the 011056, and the 011075 with or without added touchscreen option.

What price is reasonable for each, just parts? And approx what is reasonable installation labor cost on top of that? I'm bracing for massive markup from my pool company, as they recently quoted me $135 for a Jandy 2-port diverter valve, which I can buy for $65 on Amazon.

I have an iAqualink 2.0 control panel which is hooked up to my current main filter pump (and also to a Polaris pump, waterfall pump, pool lights). Will that suffice for a weekly pool technician to turn on / off the new pump, or is it important to have a touchscreen on the Intelliflo3 for them?

How usable / useful is the mobile app? Does pump automatically go to high speed to (re)gain prime if needed at startup, then drop down to its programmed setting?

Thanks!
iAqualink app is on your phone. Your service person can download the app and connect to your system, if he knows how. Other wise, putting the system into "service" mode should turn it off and then it should go back on when placed back into "auto."

I'm bracing for massive markup from my pool company, as they recently quoted me $135 for a Jandy 2-port diverter valve, which I can buy for $65 on Amazon.
By me it's fairly standard for pool companies to double their cost. Your quote appears they do similar by you.

The online warehouse prices are generally close to dealer cost for a small business. Their cost is lower due to sales volume and said volume means they can make less per sale and still come out on top.

[EDIT: Pool company quoted $135 for Jandy Pro Series 2-port while Amazon lists $65 for Jandy 2-port. Is there any real difference?]
Same valve.
Buy from Amazon and they deliver to your house, likely for free. Amazon can afford to make a couple of bucks on thousands of sales. They likely pay the same, or less, as a wholesale pool supply.
By from a pool company and they will deliver in person after having to go to a supplier and pay $70.00 +/- for the same valve (just checked a wholesaler). That will take at least an hour plus the delivery time. There is a huge difference in scale.

Des,

I assume your old pump was a single speed pump.. :scratch:

Both the standard IntelliFlo and the IntelliFlo3 are VS pumps that are normally controled by an RX-485 serial cable. I am not sure your automation will control them. It may or may not.

The IntelliFlo can be controlled by an RS-485 cable or it can run as a standalone pump.

The IntelliFlo3 can be controlled by an RS-485 cable, or it can be a standalone pump, or it can be controled by a Pentair App.

How do you plan to control the pump???

To me it makes the most sense to use your automation to control any pump you buy. If you plan to use your automation, you will need to ensure your automation can control the pump before you buy it.

I know that some Jandy systems can control some standard IntelliFlo pumps, but I am not sure they can control the new IntelliFlo3

Also.. the other thing you need to be thinking about is the "Form Factor". The two Pentair pumps do not have the same input and output connections. And I suspect that your current pump has completely different input and output connections. This means no matter what you do, so replumbing will be required. To that end, the standard IntelliFlo does NOT come with pump unions, but the IntelliFlo3 does.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, all.

@Jimrahbe : Yes, existing pump is Jandy 2HP single speed. Will need re-plumbing because of different port positions, and I will redo the suction manifold & its valves to be more confident about air leaks and losing prime (a long standing battle, worse as pump is 5' above water).

Thanks for highlighting automation compatibility. I was thinking I would use my existing panel to continue to manage Polaris, waterfall, lights, but just the onboard controller or mobile app for the new IntelliFlo3. Are you recommending I look at options other than IntelliFlo3?

Are you recommending I look at options other than IntelliFlo3?
I think Jim was responding in that way as the part numbers you listed are the old intelliflo (011056)and the new intelliflo3 (011075). You likely intended to say 011076 and 011075 which are both intelliflo3, one with the aux relay i/o board and one without

Didn't quite follow, @mknauss . I thought the IntelliFlo3 models allow control via the Pentair Home app or via on-board [optional] touchscreen controls. Could I use my old iAqualink panel & its remote programmability just for Polaris, Lights, and Waterfall? I assume I can't use the iAqualink to program speed & flow on the new VS pump, that would be left to the pump's onboard touchscreen or mobile app if WiFi model. I was wondering if I had just WiFi but no onboard touchscreen, could a pool tech visiting when I'm not around still simply turn the pump on & off from the iAqualink?

Thanks for being patient!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I thought the IntelliFlo3 models allow control via the Pentair Home app or via on-board [optional] touchscreen controls
Same as my earlier comment. Pretty sure the comments your getting is due to the fact that you listed 011056 which is intelliflo2 and did not have built in automation like the intelliflo3.

I think Jim was responding in that way as the part numbers you listed are the old intelliflo (011056)and the new intelliflo3 (011075). You likely intended to say 011076 and 011075 which are both intelliflo3, one with the aux relay i/o board and one without
Yes, thank you, my mistake. I will go with no i/o board, and am considering doing the add-on touchscreen option on the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.