gregorym59

Oct 23, 2021
Estero, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Considering adding the ScreenLogic2 interface to my Pentair automation system (purchase of 522104). I don’t own a Windows based PC, so won’t have a platform to load the provided software. I do have an iPhone and iPad. By downloading the ScreenLogic and SL Config app to one of these devices, will I be able to install, access, configure, and control the system without the need for PC-based software? If not, I could alway buy a cheap windows pc, but would rather not.

For just a small amount of extra cost, you can upgrade the EasyTouch to an Intellicenter. Makes more sense than to add old tech ScreenLogic to a ET Lite system.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
For just a small amount of extra cost, you can upgrade the EasyTouch to an Intellicenter. Makes more sense than to add old tech ScreenLogic to a ET Lite system.
Thanks. I haven’t considered this but will check it out. Can you suggest which Intellicenter upgrade kits are compatible with or appropriate for upgrading an EasyTouch PSL4? I noticed Pentair offers eight different kits that currently include a $500 rebate.

Reactions: bradgray

You would need to check whether you need the Legacy upgrade or not. Depends on your ET age. Contact Polytec to order the correct one.

Be sure that your Indoor control panel and Spa Control will work with the Intellicenter.

Do you have a newer Superflo that is controlled via RS485?

Thanks. I haven’t considered this but will check it out. Can you suggest which Intellicenter upgrade kits are compatible with or appropriate for upgrading an EasyTouch PSL4? I noticed Pentair offers eight different kits that currently include a $500 rebate.
With the rebate Pentair has right now, upgrading the equip is cheaper than adding old tech. It's a absolute no-brainer. The rebate just started Mar 15th and lasts all year.

#522048 is the one you're after.

There are conditions however, so you're best off having a pool team do it. It has to be purchased via a builder, pro or brick & mortar distributor - and professionally installed. The last part is where the pinch hurts.

Even still. The upgrade for you from the ET Lite will be huge. All your limitations are gone.

You would need to check whether you need the Legacy upgrade or not. Depends on your ET age. Contact Polytec to order the correct one.

Be sure that your Indoor control panel and Spa Control will work with the Intellicenter.

Do you have a newer Superflo that is controlled via RS485?
The pump was manufactured in Jan 2023, and it does have the RS485 COM port.

With the rebate Pentair has right now, upgrading the equip is cheaper than adding old tech. It's a absolute no-brainer. The rebate just started Mar 15th and lasts all year.

There are conditions however, so you're best off having a pool team do it. It has to be purchased via a builder, pro or brick & mortar distributor - and professionally installed. The last part is where the pinch hurts.

Even still. The upgrade for you from the ET Lite will be huge. All your limitations are gone.
"Professional Install" is a definite pinch point! I recently received an estimate for professional install of the ScreenLogic interface -- the dealers don't seem to discount from the msrp and labor was ridiculous. The total installed cost was 1,300 to install a kit that the consumer version can be bought for about $740 and I could install myself in an hour! Interestingly the Pentair dealer (professional installer) never suggested the Intellicenter upgrade!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: mknauss

I think it could still approach nearly double the cost of going the ScreenLogic route, as I’d have to upgrade the indoor control panel as well as purchasing the Intellicenter upgrade kit. The pool is at a seasonal home, so really looking for the lowest cost route to provide some minimal level of monitoring while not at the house.

I would still upgrade. Easytouch is legacy now.

The indoor controllers were from a different era, designed as a "remote" for the pool systems before mobile phones. They are arguably even useful of late with the finally-improved apps Pentair has released. It's nice to have the "controller" with you all the time.

All that aside - the day is cominging shortly when you will more or less have to upgrade. If I'm in your shoes, I'd rather spend the money once.

And if that still doesn't do it for you - adding Screenlogic will do nothing to improve your feature-set, but upgrading to Intellicenter will unlock your system completely and it will no longer be a "Lite" on the software side. For some, that's a cherry on top. For others, that's a powerful leap forward.

Last edited:
I would still upgrade. Easytouch is legacy now. Warranty is already phasing out slowly.

The indoor controllers were from a different era, designed as a "remote" for the pool systems before mobile phones. They are arguably even useful of late with the finally-improved apps Pentair has released. It's nice to have the "controller" with you all the time.

All that aside - the day is cominging shortly when you will more or less have to upgrade. If I'm in your shoes, I'd rather spend the money once.

And if that still doesn't do it for you - adding Screenlogic will do nothing to improve your feature-set, but upgrading to Intellicenter will unlock your system completely and it will no longer be a "Lite" on the software side. For some, that's a cherry on top. For others, that's a powerful leap forward.
Thanks. I appreciate your insights and advice.