Screenlogic Set-up Questions

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
On another thread in this forum I indicated that my SpaSide unit was acting erratically & would likely have to be replaced. Rather than replacing the SpaSide, I am considering switching to a Screenlogic. This would allow me to access various functions of my spa remotely.

However, some basic questions come to mind:
1. Since my wifi router is located about 100 feet from the outdoor EasyTouch panel & the signal would have to pass through 3 walls (assuming line-of-sight), will this create a connectivity issue?
2. If so, would there be a way to boost the wifi signal to the antenna on the EasyTouch?
3. As an alternative, can I use my iPhone over the cell network (rather than the wifi network) to communicate with the Screenlogic?
4. It sounds as though installation & set-up of the Screenlogic is rather straight-forward. Is there any reason for me to incur the cost of a dealer installation?

I am sure that I will have other questions down the road. Thank you so much for your help.

Kit

Read Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

The Protocol Adapter will be inside at your router. The system does not use your Wifi from the Easytouch. You either hardwire or use a wireless link (900 mHz I believe) to get the data from the Easytouch to the protocol adapter.

You likely will find an upgrade to Intellicenter will only cost a few more dollars than a Screenlogic system.

Yes, that seems to be the way I am leaning. I just might have to extend my home wifi signal though. At the moment my SpaSide control is finicky. Rebooting the unit restores the functionality. But at times I have to wait several minutes after I recycle it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.