Salt water pool, saniclear 20 Jacuzzi reading low salt

Secat

Jul 7, 2023
Nova scotia
I have a 7 year old salt water pool with a jacuzzi saniclear 20 swg reading 2400ppm salt with lights flashing but just had the water tested and it’s 3500. I tested it as we had significant rain, I drained water and added salt but did not get a change at all on the meter and so felt something wasn’t right. The water is 82 degrees, voltage is 27.3, current is 2.33 and instant salinity reads -1900 (what is this number compared to 2400 it shows, I’m unclear). Ph is fine, need to raise alkalinity but nothing to lose interesting in the water report.
Is there anything this could be besides an expensive cell replacement fix? I have cleaned it and there was no obvious problems.

I have a 7 year old salt water pool with a jacuzzi saniclear 20 swg reading 2400ppm salt with lights flashing but just had the water tested and it’s 3500. I tested it as we had significant rain, I drained water and added salt but did not get a change at all on the meter and so felt something wasn’t right. The water is 82 degrees, voltage is 27.3, current is 2.33 and instant salinity reads -1900 (what is this number compared to 2400 it shows, I’m unclear). Ph is fine, need to raise alkalinity but nothing to lose interesting in the water report.
Is there anything this could be besides an expensive cell replacement fix? I have cleaned it and there was no obvious problems.
Hmmm. I sorted out my misunderstanding myself - average vs instant. Didn’t know it did that. So when I turn the power on the instant salinity starts around -3000 and then slowly drops to -1900. I repeated a few times, same results. But that means I can set the average to be the instant at that first moment and now my average is 3000 and all lights have stopped and it’s generating away happily. But of course my start still reads -1900. Solution?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.