The profile is different then the signature. You can put freeform test in the signature and be much more descriptive about your pool and equipment.

Please create your signature

When doing the CYA test...
You can pour the mixture back into the mixing bottle, mix and do the test multiple times using the original mixture. Write down the results and take an average of those results. Also, always round up - if the test shows between 50 and 60, call it 60. And since you were doing the diluted test, double that 60.... so CYA 120. Margin of error increases when doing the diluted test.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your knowledge. I will do this.

I also bought a house with Aqualink automation and Pentaire equipment except for the SWG, which was Jandy AquaPure 1400. My pool is ~19k gal (near yours), but shaded, so chlorine lasts well. The SWG was broken, but replaced the sensors and it's been doing great for two full summers so far. Control with the Jandy app is easy and smooth.

The AquaPure cell has a reputation of dying early due to corrosion problems, but that hasn't happened to mine yet. I think it's 14 years old, but most of that was spent broken. Its chlorine output is also among the lowest of all brands.

Just to give you a feel for the numbers, the output is 1.25 lb chlorine in 24 hours at 100%. That's ~7.9 ppm for our pools. The pump must run for all the hours of generation. In mid-summer, I set it at 40% for 14 hours. That's 7.9*0.4*(14/24) = 1.8 ppm every day. Same as 1/3 gallons pool LC. So 2 gallons per week. About $60 per month at current prices. If your pool is in direct sun, you'll double or triple all that.

All that said, I will never buy a Jandy anything except minimal parts to keep what I have going. If the RS Aqualink box ever develops a serious problem, I'm switching to Pentaire. Why? Jandy was bought by a bigger company. Now it sells replacement parts for extortionate prices and disses DIYers at every turn with their warranty policy.

Good luck with the project! I'm glad you found a technology that helps with your condition. The experts (of which I am not one) here are terrific and helpful.

This whole operation runs on donations. Consider becoming a contributing member.

Comment seems like you’re making fun of me or Texas or intex pools. Some people can likely only afford intex pools so that seems a bit harsh. Kind of confused on this one. I do live in Texas and my profile is up to date. In-ground plaster pool
On the contrary. I absolutely LOVE intex pools. You were swimming for peanuts at the time and they let SO many people get in the game.

I also LOVE the big honking houses y'all got in TX. I've seen a bazillion builds there and the backyard view sure looked similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.