Salt cell temp sensor error message

Basically, you would cut into the white cord and cut the red and blue wires and connect them to an external temperature sensor like the one you already have on your system.

The brown box is the cord plug and the black box is the external temperature sensor.

1714171166304.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Katie C
Swimpure is Hayward and they do not sell on Amazon.

You have to look at the "Sold By" information on the page.

The temperature sensor seems to be indicating 193 ohms, which is a bad temperature sensor.

You can try an external temperature sensor if you want.

It is a hack, so I will not recommend it.
In the swim pool supplies. I just emailed them. I'll look up more info on the external temp sensor. Thank you so much for your help.

Basically, you would cut into the white cord and cut the red and blue wires and connect them to an external temperature sensor like the one you already have on your system.

The brown box is the cord plug and the black box is the external temperature sensor.

View attachment 567884
Where do I buy an external temp sensor? Is that what its called?

It is the same temperature sensor that you have for the Hayward automation system.

Hayward GLX-PC-12-KIT 10K Thermistor Temperature Sensor with 15-Feet Cable Replacement Kit for Hayward Salt Chlorine Generators.

Basically any 10K temperature sensor for pools will work.

You should already have one on your system (Red Arrow)

You can install the cell temp sensor at one of the red dots.

1714173418597.png

1714173450603.png

1714173829144.png

1714173902441.png

Temperature Sensors
Three sensors are included with the Pro Logic.

A water sensor and an air sensor must be installed at all times for proper operation.

An additional supplied sensor can be used for either solar or dual equipment function.

If both solar and dual equipment functions are desired, an additional sensor will need to be purchased.

Water Sensor

This sensor is used to measure the pool/spa temperature and is installed in the filtration plumbing after the filter but before either the solar or conventionally fueled heaters—refer to the plumbing overview diagram.

1. Drill a 3/8” (10mm) diameter hole in the PVC piping and remove all chips and burrs.

2. Insert sensor until O-ring collar sits flush on the hole.

3. Position hose clamp over the sensor and gently tighten until O-ring makes an adequate seal.

Do not overtighten.

4. For maximum temperature accuracy, cover the sensor and 3” (6cm) of pipe on either side with insulation and white paint.

Air Sensor

Mount the air sensor outdoors. IMPORTANT: Mount the air sensor out of direct sunlight.

Solar Sensor

For solar applications, mount the sensor near the solar collector array so that it is exposed to the same sunlight as the collectors.

Use additional cable (20 AWG) if necessary.

Reactions: Katie C
It is the same temperature sensor that you have for the Hayward automation system.

Hayward GLX-PC-12-KIT 10K Thermistor Temperature Sensor with 15-Feet Cable Replacement Kit for Hayward Salt Chlorine Generators.

Basically any 10K temperature sensor for pools will work.

You should already have one on your system (Red Arrow)

You can install the cell temp sensor at one of the red dots.

View attachment 567901

View attachment 567903

View attachment 567905

View attachment 567906
Oh perfect, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate your diagrams and you spelling everything out to me so I can understand it better. :)

Reactions: JamesW
Note: If you cut into the white wire, you need to be super careful not to cut into the any of the wires inside and then only cut the red and blue wires.

You also need to figure out how to make the cord waterproof after the modification.

Only do what you feel you can do safely based on your own research.

I am not recommending anything.

Anything you do is at your own risk based on your own decisions.

Note: If you cut into the white wire, you need to be super careful not to cut into the any of the wires inside and then only cut the red and blue wires.

You also need to figure out how to make the cord waterproof after the modification.

Only do what you feel you can do safely based on your own research.

I am not recommending anything.

Anything you do is at your own risk based on your own decisions.
After doing all the steps to connect the blue and red wire of the external temperature sensor to the salt cell. I am still getting the same error codes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_171612_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_171612_Gallery.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240501_171629_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_171629_Gallery.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 4
Did you wire it to the blue and red going to the cell or to the plug?

You need to wire it to the red and blue going to the plug.

Cut the blue and red wires and connect only to the wires going to the plug and the blue and red going to the cell will not be used.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you wire it to the blue and red going to the cell or to the plug?

You need to wire it to the red and blue going to the plug.

Cut the blue and red wires and connect only to the wires going to the plug and the blue and red going to the cell will not be used.
I may have wired it in the wrong direction. I'll redo it. Thanks so much for the feedback.😩

Now I did wire the external temperature sensor correctly to the salt cell, waited a few hours and am now getting a different error code. One says the salt is low the other says chlorinator off high salt/amps. The salt level is 2700ppm. I just added 2 bags which would still make it at 3100 within the normal range. Please help me. I'm losing my mind here. 😒

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_195832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_195832_Gallery.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240502_195816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_195816_Gallery.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 4
That could indicate the temp sensor may be shorted. What is the cell temperature in the diagnostic menu?

How long did you wait after adding salt to turn on the SWG? Where did you add salt?

That could indicate the temp sensor may be shorted. What is the cell temperature in the diagnostic menu?

How long did you wait after adding salt to turn on the SWG? Where did you add salt?
The cell temp sensor says 77 degrees. Water temp 78 degrees (cant be correct), air temp 71 degrees. I never turn the salt cell off when adding salt I've never had an issue in the past. I added the salt in the deep end of the pool which is what I always do. The external temp sensor that I used was previously working fine as it was being used as the air sensor before.

Did the salt land on the main drain? If so, it could introduce very high salt concentration into the cell.

Is all of the salt dissolved at this point?

But based on the cell temp, that looks like it is working properly.

If the salt is gone at the bottom of the pool, try a cell reset. Diagnostic menu, first display, plus button.

Did the salt land on the main drain? If so, it could introduce very high salt concentration into the cell.

Is all of the salt dissolved at this point?

But based on the cell temp, that looks like it is working properly.

If the salt is gone at the bottom of the pool, try a cell reset. Diagnostic menu, first display, plus button.
Yes it did. It's still dissolving. I'll recheck tomorrow and reset the cell. I hope that's what the problem is. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks so much.

Reactions: mas985

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support