Robots, Vacuums, and Automation (Aqualink)

EricAiken

In The Industry
Apr 20, 2021
Tennessee
I was all set to purchase a new robot and I'm now having second thoughts. Then I decided I just get another Polaris Pool Vacuum, just like my old worn out one. Then I saw the price and said REALLY? They are more expensive than the robots.

What I liked about the robots (and the dolphin premier, in particular), is the filter selections. I really need the super fine filter option the dolphin offers. (there are plenty of other nice features)
Where it lost me is two fold. Zero integration with my automation panel. Two, their automation options (on their power supply) are so basic and customizable-less.

I'm also not fond of a power cable running from the automation panel to the pool. ( it could get buried).

I suspect I could re-utilize the relay for the vacuum pump to power on an electric robot, "IF" it would come on when the power activated without human interaction.

So, are their any robots that integrate (Some how) with the aqualink panels? I've seen discussions about smart plugs which might work especially like above. PowerUP - robot PowerOn.

If not any recommendations for a replacement vacuum managed by a pump.

Theare two separate vacuums where one utilizes your filter system to operate and also needs a booster for pressure side but for a suction side it would still need the filter and for the robotic cleaners they operate independently of the pool equipment so not sure why a robotic cleaner need to run from the pad. All it would need is a outlet where the robotic controller plugs into but most have that poolside.

I was all set to purchase a new robot and I'm now having second thoughts. Then I decided I just get another Polaris Pool Vacuum, just like my old worn out one. Then I saw the price and said REALLY? They are more expensive than the robots.

What I liked about the robots (and the dolphin premier, in particular), is the filter selections. I really need the super fine filter option the dolphin offers. (there are plenty of other nice features)
Where it lost me is two fold. Zero integration with my automation panel. Two, their automation options (on their power supply) are so basic and customizable-less.

I'm also not fond of a power cable running from the automation panel to the pool. ( it could get buried).

I suspect I could re-utilize the relay for the vacuum pump to power on an electric robot, "IF" it would come on when the power activated without human interaction.

So, are their any robots that integrate (Some how) with the aqualink panels? I've seen discussions about smart plugs which might work especially like above. PowerUP - robot PowerOn.

If not any recommendations for a replacement vacuum managed by a pump.
What's wrong with the Polaris now? What model? There are rebuild kits that will almost turn them new. You can get a new 280 for under $500.00.

Last edited:
My Dolphin E30 has the ability to put the power supply into "automation" mode, where it will start a cycle whenever it gets power. I have mine plugged into a smart plug, and can turn it on remotely. You could also add an outlet to your automation panel and use a relay to control it.