GHG7F0

Oct 30, 2023
2208Doggie#
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a RJ60+ SWG and looking for the best placement. Any ideas would be appreciated. My understanding I need 20 inches of straight pipe or I could do vertical as I have a variable pump.

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3958.jpeg
    IMG_3958.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3955.jpeg
    IMG_3955.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 34
Can't see from the picture angle the proximity of the pipe to the filter housing but if there's room enough as it passes by the filter then you have more than enough length there to install it in that spot without the need of a vertical kit.

It would be good to have a picture from the other side of the heater to get a better idea of sizes. It looks like the return pipe from the heater is below the intake pipe, and after it snakes left, it angles up at 45 toward the return manifold.

So I'm seeing two basic possibilities, and you can only pick one with careful measurements and planning. Make some sketches.

1. Change the heater return to angle up at 90 rather than 45, then 90 again to the front so it's a straight shot to the manifold. See if the SWE fits in that horizontal straight shot. Pay attention to the installation manual where it says how much of a straight piece of pipe must be before the cell and/or sensors. That's important.

2. Same as above, but put the cell in the vertical section. Then it looks like the outlet of the cell will be too high to make a 90 into the manifold, so you'll need to make some kind of bend back down in that shot. Either three 90s (front, down, front) or maybe a 90 and two 45s.

Pay attention to the installation manual re cell and sensor postion. Getting it wrong can fake out the sensors or even allow hydrogen gas bubbles to hang around in the cell. We know how that went with the Hindenburg.

I agree that you should re-pipe if you are using it in that green area and make it straight. Then you can run it inline or do it vertical. I have been very happy with my vertical installation because it gives me room and flexibility. However, I had much less space than you. I would say re-pipe with a 90 and then you should be fine to run it inline.
Here are pictures of mine.

I couldn,'t put it in the big oval because it is right before my heater

So i put it in line where I only had 12 inches:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.