RJ45 turning off

scchristy

Sep 19, 2022
Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
So I've just converted over to swg and had an RJ45+ installed (need to update signature). I waited 24 hours after adding initial salt and was reading 3400 using the 1766 kit. New vsp pump running 24/7.

The swg was generating first day with no issues. Second day I've noticed twice now that the water coming through the cylinder is clear instead if hazy. The wall mount showed 0 amps and 0 salt. Both times I turned off the swg and then turned it back on. It immediately recognized salt and started producing chlorine. The water exiting the cell was cloudy and the display shows amperage on the cell.

Thought I'd post here before calling circupool in case someone has experienced this before.

It was 50% then I switched to 25%. Do you recall if there's a light for duty cycle? The generate light was on. No other lights
Generate light will illuminate when cell is active, it goes off when not in cycle.

Are you saying the generate light is on but the controller is reading 0 volts and amps and no gas is being generated?
What happens if you put is on 100% - run it like that and see if there are times you don’t see bubbles.

I believe it was showing volts but no amps. And no gas. When I cycle power it restarts and produces gas. I did notice this last time that the salinity now reading started at 3400 and over a couple minutes time went down to 3000.

It's been about 10 minutes and I just checked again and still producing. Though salinity now reads 2890. Seems to be holding steady. Will try to check again in next hour.

Basically like this:
When generating (Green light (generating) ON):
- Amps & volts will show a number
- A real-time Salinity Now will show a number; don't expect it to match your K-1766

When NOT generating (Green light OFF):
- Amps, volts, and salinity now will show zero

During either cycle, the salinity button on the left of the module is basically an average of the past few cycles (or 24 hrs). Again, don't expect this to match your K-1766.

Might depend on your % output, but mine cycles on & off about ever 1.5 hrs.

Maybe it's cycling. Still going now. But salinity now (not the average) shows 2820. Which is an interesting continual drop from when I power cycled.

Would be nice if there was a indication it was in the middle of a duty cycle.

The duty cycle is about 180 minutes on the Circupool RJ series SWG.
If the SWG is set at 50%, it will generate for about 90 minutes and then be off for about 90 minutes.
If the SWG is set at 10%, it will generate for about 18 minutes and be off for about 162 minutes.

If you cycle the power switch on the SWG - off then on - the cycle starts over.

The salinity will fluctuate. Sometimes higher and sometimes lower than the results from the K-1766.

Is your SWG powered thru a timer?

Reactions: Texas Splash
If the green light is on to the right of "generate" the unit should be producing and a haze of fine bubbles can be seen in the cell. If not generating due to duty cycle calling for off, turning the unit off and then back on brings the duty cycle back to the beginnIng and generate should start.
1687718791929.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.