Replacement heater....

I'm quoting a customer on the ETi 400 and before installation you're at a little over $11k after tax and shipping.
Holy Moly! I really have no clue what makes the unit so expensive. Does that titanium heat exchanger cost $3500 by itself? I know it's more efficient, probably super condensing, but I can't see it costing so much if you still have to deal with failing sensors, control boards, regulators , etc... I had a glimmer of hope in upgrading when our mastertemp finally dies, but I'll probably just have to replace it with the same cupro-nickel version I currently have.

Holy Moly! I really have no clue what makes the unit so expensive. Does that titanium heat exchanger cost $3500 by itself? I know it's more efficient, probably super condensing, but I can't see it costing so much if you still have to deal with failing sensors, control boards, regulators , etc... I had a glimmer of hope in upgrading when our mastertemp finally dies, but I'll probably just have to replace it with the same cupro-nickel version I currently have.

It would be an ok deal if it came with $8000 cash taped to the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.