Remodel In Phoenix, AZ

Well, since I needed something to do as I anxiously await tomorrow, I decided to break in the test kit and test my tap water. Here's what I got:

PH - 7.5

CH - 450 (not unexpected, and not as high as I was fearing)

TA - 170

The TA alarms me a bit, especially since I use a SWG and should be in the 60-80 range. Maybe I screwed up the test. I'll try again after I get the pool filled.

LOL! That is pretty high CH and TA! Make sure to wipe the tip of the bottle on each drop of the TA test to dissipate the static and hold the bottle vertical so you get a full drop formation.

You are going to need to familiarize yourself with this process, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

You will also need to manage your CSI number in Poolmath and keep it slightly negative, -0.1 to -0.2. It will prevent scale and be good for your SWG. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling and here, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)

Now you have something to do! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, they got here right around 7:00 AM and finished right around 1:00 PM. These guys do outstanding work...my PB has had really good sub-contractors all the way through this. And I have to say the Prism Matrix finish is even more impressive than I expected...it's even nicer than the sample! And it's not even acid washed yet! In any case, you don't wanna listen to me...here are the pics:

That's all I have for now. I work nights and I'm not used to being up this late, so I'm going to bed. At least I know I'll sleep well now! Tomorrow is the acid wash, and then I get to fill her up and let this pool begin its new life!

Well, since I needed something to do as I anxiously await tomorrow, I decided to break in the test kit and test my tap water. Here's what I got:

PH - 7.5

CH - 450 (not unexpected, and not as high as I was fearing)

TA - 170

The TA alarms me a bit, especially since I use a SWG and should be in the 60-80 range. Maybe I screwed up the test. I'll try again after I get the pool filled.

My tap water in Tempe had a TA of 200 when I tested it last summer and was the reason I was fighting high TA and rising pH all last summer (my first as a pool owner). Now I know I need to keep plenty of MA on hand as the temps get warmer and the evaporation increases.

And my pizza oven is in the planning stages...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.