Remodel In Phoenix, AZ

Just another quick update. They came and installed the edge tile along the steps/bench/baja shelf today. It came out really nice...the tile looks even better after being applied!

I can't wait to see it with the interior finish applied!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it! It looks very similar to my Radiant Fusion Topaz

I had to go look it up, and you're right, it does! We have good taste! Mine should be finished on Tuesday and filled a couple of days later, so maybe mine will give you a better idea of what your will look like?

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great! Is it a smooth as it looks?

Kim

It definitely has texture...thankfully it's not slippery (it looked like it might be), but it is smoother than I expected.

Just another quick update. They came and installed the edge tile along the steps/bench/baja shelf today. It came out really nice...the tile looks even better after being applied!

I can't wait to see it with the interior finish applied!

- - - Updated - - -

I had to go look it up, and you're right, it does! We have good taste! Mine should be finished on Tuesday and filled a couple of days later, so maybe mine will give you a better idea of what your will look like?

- - - Updated - - -

That tile looks beautiful! LOL on the "good taste"! I can not wait to see pictures of your finish!

Well, they came out and prepped the deck yesterday and finished it off today. I'm very happy with how it came out!

Before:

After:

We're very close now. Next Monday and Tuesday will be the interior finish application/acid wash, and I believe that will do it. I seriously can't even believe this is the same pool!

What did they use to resurface the deck? Did it already have the textured look?

Im thinking about doing the same thing to my existing concrete, so the pics are helpful. KoolDeck on the new coping and new concrete, and some sort of acrylic on the existing concrete to get everything to go together. Your pics are helpful, thanks!
Are those waterline tiles 2x2?

Looks great BTW...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im thinking about doing the same thing to my existing concrete, so the pics are helpful. KoolDeck on the new coping and new concrete, and some sort of acrylic on the existing concrete to get everything to go together. Your pics are helpful, thanks!
Are those waterline tiles 2x2?

Looks great BTW...

Thanks! The waterline tiles are 6x6, and the tiles on the steps and the baja shelf are 1x1.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you get plastered yesterday??? Anxious to see how it looks!!

Unfortunately, no, it didn't happen yesterday. When they were cleaning up excess stuff from the deck surfacing and the shotcrete from the baja shelf, some of the bottom came loose around a section of rebar. When they cleaned out the loose stuff, there was a pretty big hole. That needs to be fixed before they can apply the finish, so that was that.

The trucks, mixers, etc. were all out front already and ready to rock too...:cry:

The fix really won't take long. The bad part is that now I've lost my place in line with the finishing company, so it may be another 2-3 weeks to get them back out. I was hoping to be filling it up right now.....

I'm hopeful they can get me in sooner...my PB is working on them and we're hoping for a cancellation or something, otherwise we're looking more like St. Patrick's Day or somewhere around there. I'm a little more settled down than I was. This has been, for the most part, a problem-free renovation, so I can't really complain. Better this than to have a bad application that would be problematic down the road. It is deflating though....

Well, my PB was out yesterday and today to fix and fill the hole and make sure everything else was solid so we'd have no more surprises. And he brought some good news...apparently they are able to get me back on the schedule for this Monday, March 7th!

Hey, good news!

Once again, this is a great chip out and overall appears to be very well done. I'll use this thread as a bench mark for future reference when people ask. If it were mine, I'd want this guy doing it. Congrats on finding a good Reno guy. We see plenty that are...well, not so good.

Hey, good news!

Once again, this is a great chip out and overall appears to be very well done. I'll use this thread as a bench mark for future reference when people ask. If it were mine, I'd want this guy doing it. Congrats on finding a good Reno guy. We see plenty that are...well, not so good.

Thanks! Yeah, I've been VERY happy with this guy and all of the sub-contractors he's used. Every single person that's worked on this has been friendly, professional, and considerate of the yard. Not one time has my yard been a mess. It's been a really good experience, which is nice, because I'm hoping to only have to do this once!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.