Ready to throw in the towel!!! Where is the bulldozer?

FC of 4 is the minimum for your CYA. It is hard to say whether or not you should SLAM, but you should at least get your FC up. Like I said yesterday, an OCLT is the best way to tell if you should SLAM or not.

FC of 4 is the minimum for your CYA. It is hard to say whether or not you should SLAM, but you should at least get your FC up. Like I said yesterday, an OCLT is the best way to tell if you should SLAM or not.

Just got home with bleach, I tested just now and got:

NOW/This AM
FC 1/3
CC 0.5/ 1
CYA 45 Didn't Test, last test was 50, but I have backwashed and added water
pH 7.4/7.4
TA 150/150

At this moment, I was going to raise it back up to 6

e62267c76deec2871e0b669febdcd86b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What is the bottle date? It is in Julian format yyddd. So 16001 would be the first day of 2016, January 1 2016. Liquid chlorine looses it's strength over time.

What is your fc? Ph test is unreliable when fc is 10 or higher.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What did pool math say you should get out of it, assuming that strength and amount?

I use 12.5 ~ so there is possibly more of a difference than I realize, but 1 gallon of 10% in 15,500 gallons of water I would have thought should raise you FC considerably higher.

What did pool math say you should get out of it, assuming that strength and amount?

I use 12.5 ~ so there is possibly more of a difference than I realize, but 1 gallon of 10% in 15,500 gallons of water I would have thought should raise you FC considerably higher.

According to pool math, it should have raised me 6.5. I didn't get to the store last night, but i did retest this morning and got:

FC 3
CC .5
pH 7.2

So it appears my pH is bouncing around. Since my TA was a bit high already at 150, I figured I will leave the pH alone until I go get new chlorine today and will retest pH and TA later in the day.

But since I tested last night and this AM, and my results where .05 difference, I guess that counts as a OCLT?

Where do you get 12%?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.