Ready to throw in the towel!!! Where is the bulldozer?

It's best to stop relying on the pool store for anything. Unless you need some cute pool floaties, or, occasionally it's recomemmended to have them test for metals.

Use the 10 ml to test your FC, you won't run out of reagent as quickly.

Ok, I retested this morning. I got:

CYA = 50
pH = 7.2 (after adding some baking soda)
FC = 4.2
TA = 120

Baking soda really affects TA rather than pH. What were you trying to accomplish, raise ph?

As PAGirl said, it appears you are using 25 mL sample for 0.2 ppm accuracy. You can go ahead and use 10 mL sample for 0.5 ppm accuracy. It will save you reagents and is close enough for us.

So I have been testing 2 times a day with k2006.

This am had fc/cc at 7
Right now:

Fc/cc same 5.5
CYA 50
Ph 7.6
TA 160
CA 175

Have a little foam on surface, but still very clear water...

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
This isn't quite clear.

FC is 5.5 AND CC is 5.5? Or do you mean to say FC is 5.5, CC is zero, and TC is 5.5?

FC (good) + CC (bad) = TC (total)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"Heavy chlorine smell" is usually not enough chlorine smell. When free chlorine (FC) is used it combines with contaminants and creates chloramines. The smell is actually chloramines and it means you need more bleach to burn off the chloramines.

The more often you test and add bleach to get to your SLAM FC, the faster the process. Also, make sure that you brush the pool once a day. Algae creates a biofilm which protects it from FC. Brushing removes the biofilm and allows the FC to kill it.

I was out of town for work yesterday, sorry for the delay. I got home last last night and it was raining, so I checked everything this morning already. Keep in mind, the water was looking great! This past weekend the pool got used heavily by the baseball team. So lots of sweaty guys were in there. I noticed Sunday night/Monday morning that there was a odor and things were a just a tad cloudy. I raised my chlorine levels (used my last gallon of 8.25%), got it up to 14 Monday night. I think with my CC up to a 1.0 now means I will need to slam??? The water is crystal clear though... I hope to be able to use it this weekend, more baseball on the schedule and i always end up with a house full after to cool off. Since it was storming last night, I was unable to do the OCLT. I can do it tonight though...

This morning my my test results show it used most of the chlorine up that i had added Monday night.

FC 4
CC 1 (a few days ago it was at 0.5)
pH 7.4
TA 160

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.