Ready.....Set.......Build!

That's some nice shade you have got going on there! I love the sun but shade is a bonus when the sun beats down 12 hours a day and you want to be outside! and the tiles look a lot better since you changed the setting on your camera! :goodjob:

So we've had plenty of patio progress since my last update. Patio passed inspection for structure, rough electrical and rough gas. It's being wrapped and prepped for stucco as I speak, and inspection for that is tomorrow. The roof paper (not sure of the proper name) is down and ready for inspection, and the roof tiles are stacked and ready to be placed. I'm impressed with the guys he subcontracted the patio to. I'm really hoping the PB, will be doing plaster next Friday. He missed his contract date for pool completion. I modified the payment schedule, and backloaded more money that I owe since he hasn't been on schedule. He didn't really give any resistance to that.

In the end I'm aggravated with the time management of the PB, but the work quality appears to be very high from what I can tell.

And the obligatory pics.

Framed up.

Prepping for stucco.

So the guys the PB subcontracted the patio out to were awesome. Two weeks to the day the patio is done and I'm very pleased with the work. The only thing I don't like is the paint choices I made for the eve and the ceiling. But the whole house is being painted in a few weeks, so we can change that.

As far as the pool goes, well they pretty much haven't done anything in those two weeks. I asked several times for the PB, to send his guys and knock out whatever he could while we waited on the plaster. We weren't going to do plaster until the patio was done, so all the construction debris would be gone. Well it's done and the plaster was scheduled for today. Key word was, they cancelled. So now I'm stuck waiting on the PB again. The plaster is now scheduled for Monday. At this point I don't believe anyone will be here until I actually see them here. I really hope they get this wrapped up early this week.

Oh yeah, my sliding door is coming out tomorrow and replaced with our new french doors.

Looks fantastic and you'll appreciate a nice place to sit and watch family and friends swim without burning up in the sun! :cool:

The patio went up fast! Glad they did a good job for you.

Unfortunately, I think all PBs manage their time strangely. I've had my own issues so I can understand your aggravation. Hopefully, they show up on Monday!

Monday my plaster was cancelled again. Had some excuse about the plaster crew he wants for my pool is very busy and is hard to schedule because they come 2 hours from San Diego to do the job. Blah blah they are the best and that's who he wants. Don't get how that means they are scheduled one day but not here the next. Supposedly they will be here tomorrow.

On a side note, I had the sliding door pulled out and french doors installed. I didn't take pictures yet, I'll try and post some later today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol, so true RangerBob. Maybe they all go to conferences to learn this.

On a more serious note, I was awaken this morning to the sweet sounds of people working. So I guess the artists decided to show up for work today. So I should have plaster today, and that means acid washing tomorrow and start filling. Pictures later today.

Maybe it has to do with geographical zone or climate, or the type of plaster that they actually putting in. I have seen pools here where water does not go in for days after plastering, for one reason or the other.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So they acid washed today and started filling. Here are some pics. They still have some finishing work to do so I have still have a little to go. Maybe they'll finish today.

Equipment hooked up. Don't know why they waited so long to do this. Still haven't pulled the electrical through the conduit, supposedly will do that today.

Realized I forgot to post the pic of the new door.

The pool starting to fill.

How exciting! My PB installs equipment at the very end also. I see other projects where the equipment arrives very early. I guess it makes little difference when the equipment arrives as long as it's ready to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.