It doesn’t even look like there’s a drain at all. Or is that rusty colored spot where an iron pipe used to be? There should be a plastic shell and a drain hole leading back to your pad. But I’m stumped why it would all of a sudden fail like that.
This picture shows the drain line is on the right and on the left is a hole in the cement.

Attachments

• IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 20
They advised to cut out the existing cement around the area, install a proper drain with a hydrostatic valve. Quote is $1795
Do they know that’s for sure where it’s leaking and why it wasn’t leaking until a few days ago?

For only $1795 it’s not a terrible cost, but you could also remove the drain entirely as an option. But you wouldn’t have a HSV, although it looks like you didn’t have one originally anyway.

Reactions: SkipperLikesToFish
Do they know that’s for sure where it’s leaking and why it wasn’t leaking until a few days ago?

For only $1795 it’s not a terrible cost, but you could also remove the drain entirely as an option. But you wouldn’t have a HSV, although it looks like you didn’t have one originally anyway.
Reflecting, we probably had a slow leak. As a first time pool owner, I thought adding water once or twice a week was normal considering the blazing summer we had here in South Florida. I think it was just the perfect storm perhaps. They visually inspected the pool surface and could confirm there aren’t any cracks. But I did request a pressure test on the main line. They didn’t charge me for a leak test, they were coming out free of charge to release the hydrostatic valve and discovered we didn’t have one. If we weren’t in South Florida, I’d probably go the less expensive route but I’m actually mind blown that it didn’t have one

Well, look on the bright side- you don’t have to wait to drain the pool to get it done.
Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.