Quickest/Easiest way to get A LOT of leaves out?

Well - bleach round 1 is complete. Night and day from where it started. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow after it site for a night.

poolcleanup5.jpg

PoolCleanup6.jpg

It is going to be SO worth it! Keep up the good work! :whoot:

Just think of floating around with a cold one in your hand! :cheers:

Do you have your test kit yet? If not buy one new so it will be here when you start adding your water.

Kim

Stuamurr said:
Doing well! Some difference already! Checked your dimensions and a standard pool would be around 42,000 US Gallons so with the hopper design 38,000 US G will be right IMHO

Hopper design? What does this mean?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
UnderWaterVanya said:
CUTiger78 said:
UnderWaterVanya said:
Hopper design? What does this mean?
The way the deep end bottom is shaped.

Oh - that is what mine is then. I assume this means that the deep end bottom is shaped like a hopper (grain, coffee, whatever).

Correct. I'm not sure if that is the correct term for the shape of the pool, I manage a pool with the same design, and have always referred to it as a hopper, as has the owner.

Regards
Stu

Stu it is quite descriptive and makes a lot of sense now that I'm on the same wavelength.

I want to hear more about this pool's recovery - more pics from the OP would be great!

I've been adding about a pic a day to track the progress as I make it. :)

What's giving me fits right now is that green/brown ring around the sides where the water sat at that level for lord knows how long. Bleach just isn't phasing I at all. What else could I use?

What about waiting to fill it then bringing to to shock level and scrubbing while it's soaking? Thoughts?

thegame9377 said:
I've been adding about a pic a day to track the progress as I make it. :)

What's giving me fits right now is that green/brown ring around the sides where the water sat at that level for lord knows how long. Bleach just isn't phasing I at all. What else could I use?

What about waiting to fill it then bringing to to shock level and scrubbing while it's soaking? Thoughts?
Make a paste of bleach and borax. Paint it on and let it sit overnight. I did that with my vinyl liner and it did wonders on my scum line. I used a nylon pool brush to paint it on thick and let it sit there for a day and a half. Took off 99% of the stain. What it didn't take off was due to spotty application. I don't know if it will work on your surface but working with a paste allows concentrated Chlorine to stick to the spot and the borax adds a mild detergent effect.

the bleach paste sounds like a good idea, if that's not strong enough you could try a Calcium Hypochlorite based 'paste' but that would likely be too strong to leave on for an indeterminate amount of time. Bleach/Sodium Hypo is 3-15% chlorine, Calcium Hypochlorite/Granular is in the region of 60-90% chlorine strength.

EDIT: Waiting to fill before tackling the scum line is going to make it harder, it may gradually shift with the chlorine residual, but I doubt it if neat bleach is not taking it off at the moment.

EDIT: Just took note of the difference in the plaster over the two days - wow!! :goodjob:

EDIT: Make sure you pull your lights and other ancillaries for a good scrub down during the empty phase

Stu

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.