Questions about my setup

Yeah, setting the cams is a bit finicky. Just takes some patience and trial and error until you nail the setup.

Reactions: DavidArmenB
So I can use the “manual method” to set all these?

Well you can lock your valves into one mode by turning the actuator toggles OFF to run the pool/spa until you can get the actuator set right for the Omni to control it.

Well after some more tinkering its still close but not there. Here are my three pictures. You can take what you want from them, but the main thing I am lost on is somehow my return valve has changed and I percent did not touch it. When I am in spillover mode, it stays returning water to the pool. very very frustrating. I got the suction valve to where its going 90 degrees but not always in the correct location.pool.jpgspa.jpgspillover.jpg

Your intake actuator toggle switch is reversed. Switch the toggle switch to the other position and I think you will have it.

Post pics with the intake toggle reversed.

Update. I switched the buttons on the valves. Spillover does exactly what it should do. Spa and pool seem to do the opposite. So I wonder if I should take the small win and just remember which is which or keep wrestling with it?

Spa mode does exactly what pool should do.
Pool mode does exactly what spa should do.
Spillover is correct.

Post pics of the valves in the 3 modes.

Your pipes may be labeled wrong.

I personally would not do that...

I suggest that you set the toggle switches so that the Pool mode is the Pool mode and the Spa mode is the Spa mode..

Then figure out why the spillover is not working.. I suspect your pool builder does not have something set up correctly.

The pipes may be labeled wrong, but.. you should be setting it up based upon how it works and not the labels on the pipes.

In the Spa mode, is water sucked from the spa drain and returned to the spa jets or not???

In the Pool mode, is water sucked from the skimmers and returned to the eyeball returns in the the pool or not???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
spillover does everything you think it should do.

pool mode is clearly pulling from spa and dumping into spa from the eye test and it doesn't spill over. Pool returns are not on as I can tell by putting my hand on them.

spa mode - spa does nothing, pool returns are clearly on

also before (for some reason) my manual spa valve was shut. I opened it manually and the spa level went way down, so I don't think the pipes are mislabeled. possibly the returns are.

Put the Omni in POOL mode and flip the switches on both actuators the other way. Then POOL should run the pool and SPA will run the spa. SPILLOVER should work correctly.

OK I did that and pool and spa worked perfectly. Spillover is just blowing water into the pool returns...here are pictures in next post.

again thanks so much for wrestling through this with me

I suspect your pool builder has the Intake valve connected to the "Return connection" inside your automation. And, your Return valve connected to the "Intake connection" inside your automation..

Not an issue unless you try to use the Spillover mode..

Swap the two connections and you should be good.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I suspect your pool builder has the Intake valve connected to the "Return connection" inside your automation. And, your Return valve connected to the "Intake connection" inside your automation..

Not an issue unless you try to use the Spillover mode..

Swap the two connections and you should be good.

Thanks,

Jim R.
You mean do that by hitting buttons on the control panel within configuration or you mean actual electrical connections?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.