pump not priming

The weird noises could just be a result of sitting through a hard winter. First check all the basics like proper water level in pool, weir skimmer door not sticking, lid o-ring lubed well, and also that union in front of the pump as well.
thanks just checked all those stuff they seem ok, but i stuck my finger into the pump and impeller seems jammed that could be the reason. how can i unjam it?

thanks just checked all those stuff they seem ok, but i stuck my finger into the pump and impeller seems jammed that could be the reason. how can i unjam it?
If you cannot rotate the impeller by hand (finger) the bearings have frozen due to rust due to a badly leaking shaft seal. Shaft seal leakage is very evident at the front of the motor. If by some chance, you do get the motor to move, you will regret the terrible sound bad bearings make right up to the point the motor burns because the drag on the bearings will cause it to draw more amperage that it is designed to handle. Burn is literal. Can also damage wiring to the pump.

If you cannot rotate the impeller by hand (finger) the bearings have frozen due to rust due to a badly leaking shaft seal. Shaft seal leakage is very evident at the front of the motor. If by some chance, you do get the motor to move, you will regret the terrible sound bad bearings make right up to the point the motor burns because the drag on the bearings will cause it to draw more amperage that it is designed to handle. Burn is literal. Can also damage wiring to the pump.
so you recommend a new pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.