Pump motor noise

I added a link for a YouTube video for the pool pump noise

Anyone have any suggestions on what is most likely wrong?

Seeing the corrosion at the front-end bell, it could be a leaking seal that then allowed water to damage the front bearing. That motor has gotten very hot, based on the rust on the top of the motor, unless a lot of water is dripping on it.

Reactions: jcrompton
Thanks for the reply. The pump is completely exposed to the outside elements. I do use a salt water chlorine generator. I guess I was wondering / hoping that some one could tell by the sound - can I just order and replace a bearing vs having to replace the entire pump motor again.

Thanks for the reply. The pump is completely exposed to the outside elements. I do use a salt water chlorine generator. I guess I was wondering / hoping that some one could tell by the sound - can I just order and replace a bearing vs having to replace the entire pump motor again.
If you have the tools, a bearing replacement is not that difficult. Likely the bearing is a 6203 bearing, available "everywhere." Pump appears to be a Hayward Super 2. It takes GoKIt2-9 t finish the repair.

Reactions: Darin