Priming problem?

Sheila V

Jul 3, 2021
Clermont FL
My one year old Hayward SWG pump is not priming as it used to. The basket does not fill completely . Filter has been cleaned and water has been added before priming. The control panel is set for 1.5 minutes of priming. Any ideas?

My one year old Hayward SWG pump is not priming as it used to. The basket does not fill completely . Filter has been cleaned and water has been added before priming. The control panel is set for 1.5 minutes of priming. Any ideas?
Likely an air leak somewhere. Lube the pump basket cover o-rings and drain o-rings with a silicone based lube (like Magic Lube II), don't use teflon lube. That may fix your problem.

Can you also post a few pictures of your equipment? that will helps with steps after this...

If you are not sucking a lot of air into the pump it is not an issue. It is something that is common with many Hayward VSP. If it is a suction leak, check as PoolStored mentioned. Also be sure any union in front of the pump is tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.