Prime the pump everytime(pics attached)

fatboysam said:
well, I paid only the deductible, BTW, do you know if these 2 speeds make any difference to the electricity bill ?
Yes it will. The motor that came with the Northstar is also a high efficiency motor so high speed you probably won't see much of a difference. However, on low speed, you will see a very large difference in power usage but you will also need to run the pump twice as long for the same turnover. Even so, you will likely save over 50% in energy on low speed.

fatboysam said:
I wonder how much was my pump's contribution to my electricity bill in the past ?
What was your average run time per day?

A 1.5 HP Full Rated Northstar will use around 2300 watts on 2" plumbing. On low speed with the new motor, it will probably use around 500 watts.

fatboysam said:
you brought up a good point about rebates, Even if the pump was replaced by warranty company, do you think, I will qualify for the rebate ?
I checked with my electricity provider, they are providing rebates for variable speed motor, and not two speed, that's surprising, this is a two speed motor only.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.