Pre pool opening (white water mold)

They went a bit wild with the silicone 😳
Same as the gaskets/o rings!

Don’t get me started .
From cigarettes butts all over my yard
to using “straps” not made for lifting, (to lift and place the fiberglass shell)
well of course one broke while pool was in the air flung, hit the side and put a hole nearly all the way through the fiberglass .
You know most of the rest of the story from the I got pool stored thread

I’m wondering if this “reaction with the coating “ on the screws is causing the stains mentioned earlier in this thread ?
Maybe- stains can be weird & random.
Should these be re siliconed?
The silicone really shouldn’t be on top of the screws- if silicone is used it should be between the faceplate/gasket/pool wall to assist in waterproofing the gasket where it meets the shell. Maybe some might get in the screwholes in this application. It looks like they just went crazy & made a terrible mess.
Lots of skimmers are installed without silicone- just using the gaskets.
Maybe they were covering up another mistake?

You shouldn’t remove all the skimmer screws at once. They should be removed & replaced 1 by 1 in an alternating pattern to keep everything lined up.

Pressure should be enough to hold the vanity plate on the skimmer opening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pb expressed concern keeping fc high because hard on gel coat and cover etc. bit realized bacteria/fungus makes pool unsafe . Suggests finding a happy medium whatever in the world that is

Unless the FC demand suddenly disappears with the skimmer gunk gone, you'll still be losing FC. Letting the FC go to normal.risks having an infestation again.
Pb expressed concern keeping fc high because hard on gel coat and cover etc.
Not with the CYA. They don't care to understand science. You could hold SLAM FC for a month or more without issue.

It’s just a coagulant/flocculant with some sanitizing ability. It will not help you. In fact, it can make the situation worse. You need to slam the pool and keep at it. White water mold, if that’s truly what it is, is exceptionally easy to kill with chlorine. It reacts almost immediately. If you keep getting it, then something is wrong with what you’re doing because most chlorinated pools never get WWM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support