Pre pool opening (white water mold)

ran into a “not deliverable” issue with the ahhsome on Amazon. I will call him today.
Contact him from his main website. He's good people and will make sure you have the right version (there are several) and know how to use it.
I’m too stubborn to give up
Like you rightfully guessed, I consider you family. So I'm all in too. Along with many others who are getting FAT on popcorn. :epds: :)

• Haha
Reactions: Badpoolmom
There are several ahhsome dealers in Indiana- try your zip here if you’re looking for something to pickup today.
Yesterday the site was down so he was probably very busy!

I think if you’re going to physically deal with the sand in few days the filter/line clean product may not be necessary.

Out of curiosity- what fc level, cya level & water temp did you close the pool at?

Yesterday the site was down so he was probably very busy!
Thanks for reminding me. I saw that too yesterday when trying to find the right stuff and figured it was my crummy cell service. Yeah. He's prolly in a world of hurt at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

Out of curiosity- what fc level, cya level & water temp did you close the pool at
Unsure . I’d guess
Too little
Too much and
70’s water temp cya was over 200 last year when I got my test kit (I know over 100 moot) lots and lots of partial drain and fills before close . Pc did close they just dump a bunch of Lc I didn’t test after

Unsure . I’d guess
Too little
Too much and
70’s water temp cya was over 200 last year when I got my test kit (I know over 100 moot) lots and lots of partial drain and fills before close . Pc did close they just dump a bunch of Lc I didn’t test after
This year try what we recommend-
Close at slam fc level for your cya after passing an oclt, and after water temp is in the low 60’s & falling.

You have an auto cover so continuing to maintain the pool while you wait for the water temp to drop should be easy to accomplish. As the temperature drops & the pool is no longer in use a reduced schedule can easily be used & the fc consumption is much lower than in peak season. Most choose to run overnight if there is the possibility of freezing temps here & there while you wait for water temp to fall to avoid any issues.
You do the chems & let the workers do the winterizing of the plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I need to leave for the day. Hub won’t do testing . Should I instruct him to add and Lc without testing while I’m gone today ? Like a couple cups every three hours or something just to keep it up? Then I can resume tests accordingly when I get home ? Or just let it go without instead of winging it

The losses have been pretty consistent if you feel comfortable estimating. (y)

If not we all have life in the way and no massive progress will be lost while we tend to it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
How do I figure how many ppm 28 oz Lc should raise ?
While I was gone I had hub add 31/2 cups at 12:30 pm (with no test)
I just checked at 4:45 pm and it was 10.
That’s the lowest I’ve seen it in days

ty!
In the meantime , while waiting for filter inspection/ sand replacement. Should I try the proteam filter cleaner ?(because I’d already bought it)
It could be two weeks before they get here to inspect/change
Or do oclt tonight (making sure I in fact do reach target which I didn’t do last night) then decide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 2
Should I try the proteam filter cleaner ?(because I’d already bought it)
That's for body / suntan oils and such. It's not going to hurt but I think we have a much bigger fish to fry here.
It could be two weeks before they get here to inspect/change
I've been meaning to suggest just replacing it no matter what, seeing how you're paying them anyway. It won't add much to the cost. Sand is cheap.

And also, have them add unions so you could easily pop it off the next time the need arises.

Reactions: Mdragger88
SWEET !!!

I rechecked and you might not need unions.

The pump pipe has one at the pump.

Does the heater pipe have one also ?
Screenshot_20240510_184208_Gallery.jpg

If so, and the backwash port isn't glued down somehow then you can take it off as a big contraption.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support