Poor filtering. I think

Jun 10, 2016
Batavia
I have a Hayward 2 hp pump with a 100 GPM cartridge filter. My filter usually runs at about 15-20 psi. I don't seem to ge getting very good filtering. My filter has been running for days without a break and it still looks brand new. Everything is good and I don't have any air in the system. What could I be doing wrong?

I had an algae problem in my pool. I was able to get the water to clear where I can see the bottom but it's still cloudy. My understanding is the cloudiness is dead white algae. It's just not going anywhere. I keep my pump running constantly and the water doesn't seem to be changing. I have about 8 gallons of bleach in there from 3 days ago. Chlorine isn't the problem I don't think anyway.

I have a cartridge filter as well and had the same problem twice this season. I kept thinking it was the filter's fault. It wasn't.

I cleared mine up one of two things helped.

Too much chlorine can actually make cloudy water. So you could wait for FC levels to come down a bit.

Also, mixing the water is ESSENTIAL to clearing it up. Jump in and mix it around. The cloudiness just goes away. Don't know if it is the filter or what. But the next day (both times): crystal clear water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.